What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs St Geo Illa @ WIN Stadium, Wollongong / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 21: St Geo Illa v Wests Tigers

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Das Hassler

Bench
Our season is shot so why do we persist in giving Talau game time for us. Give someone who will be with us next year a break and not benefit Manly giving Talau first grade experience....geeze we are a basket case.

I'd say the priority for the remainder is avoiding the spoon by whatever means possible...I doubt that Api and Bateman would be too interested in any other consideration beyond that right now

Pezz70

Juniors
I’m really disappointed in the tigers, early in the year, even getting beaten they were racking up stats that gave a bit of hope, they managed to win a couple of games and the wheels have well and truely fallen off . Goes without saying there are massive dramas at the club. The backs are SHIT from 1 to 7 I seriously don’t know where we go.

Wizardman

First Grade
I am strangely satisfied with the result tonight. It is a full reflection of our lack of growth in regard to way our club has been managed on field this year. We fully deserve the spoon this year and damn well hope we get it. Hopefully, two wooden implements forces some change in our management and coaching ranks going forward. The fans deserve much, much better than the shit we have been served over the last 10+ years.

That game said it all about the Tim and Benji show.

Rudderless mess at the end there.

Our players actually get worse over the season not better, you couldn’t dream up this stuff.

We should have put Saints away, so many chances.

They had a couple of players stand up and that’s all it took.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
That game said it all about the Tim and Benji show.

Rudderless mess at the end there.

Our players actually get worse over the season not better, you couldn’t dream up this stuff.

We should have put Saints away, so many chances.

They had a couple of players stand up and that’s all it took.
You forgot our first two games of the year. Despite the relative closeness of the scores of those two games, those two performances were every bit as bad as some of these late season games. After that second round game against Newcastle, I deadset thought we may go through the season winless.

The game against the Gold Coast at the coast broke our spirit and soul. We have not recovered from that game and been horrid since.

The heartbreaker for me is that our roster is better than the dragons.

But you chuck in our coaching and prep and it all unravels very quickly.

The loss will give those who seek change within the club more power. Fulton can start throwing his weight around a bit because his opponents in the coaching staff…they have no idea what they are doing.

Even James Graham was cutting into them tonight.

I don’t know why we bothered competing this year. Maybe we take next year off!

TroyJax

Juniors
I’m really disappointed in the tigers, early in the year, even getting beaten they were racking up stats that gave a bit of hope, they managed to win a couple of games and the wheels have well and truely fallen off . Goes without saying there are massive dramas at the club. The backs are SHIT from 1 to 7 I seriously don’t know where we go.
Bula isn’t shit but I agree with the point you are making.
It’s rare to see a team with a pack who try hard and fight for everything, only to have a totally incompetent backline trying to work off it and consistently stuff it up.

Das Hassler

Bench
I'm actually ok with tonight ...apart from Wakeham who isnt up to it the mistakes were mostly young rookie learning curve errors...the energy ..effort and a bit of skill was there..the forwards went well...Stephano has at last ramped it up ...the season's gone so if all that's to.be had is game time for the guys staying then so be it. Oh...and i'd be trying to gazump the panthers to keep Laurie at 6 for 2 years...he looks fit.. fast and quick between the ears in that jersey...defense was outstanding as well.
Just to add..
I dont really GAF about the club intrigues going on at the moment as there's enough going on in the world to get worked up about..this mob cost me quite a few bucks this year but Noone held a gun to my head and I'm still supporting what I think ( to cite) Api claims he sees as the reason for extending....current SOO 9 I'm sure he wouldn't have to wait long to get a gig most anywhere else.
Aiden Sezer...please come on down!

Fordy20

Juniors
Laurie was very good. Baked Ham really shouldn't be out there.
I was very impressed with Laurie. He's a genuine 6 and I'd love to him see him get a full season in the jersey while Fainu continues to develop.

I feel sorry for Baked Ham as well. An off night with the conversions, but your're right, he really shouldn't be out there. It's not his fault the club sucks at succession planning though.

Of course, if we'd had Madge, it would have been Hastings running the show instead for most if the season. Hastings behind this pack with Bula out the back and either Brooks or Laurie at 5/8 would be like night and day.

Tigerm

First Grade
I couldn’t watch the game, but I am struggling to understand how we have a team that is just so uncompetitive, except for a few games every season.

I mean, i agree we don’t have a lot of top shelf players, but f**k, they are supposedly FG players, they should be able to do the basics and be able to read the game for 80 mins a week.

We have a good forward pack, we let a good 7 go, to keep a not so good one, which is hurting us, but it shouldn’t be killing us.

In the cowboy’s game, where we blitzed them, the backs were outstanding, what has happened since, except for Bulla, the rest seem to have gone backwards.

The team is reasonably new, so any of the old arguments re: club culture, shouldn’t be there.

What the f**k is going wrong, imo, it can only be coaching, I do wonder what Madge would have done with this team,
+ Hastings, - Brooks?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Oliver Hardy has sent a message from the spirit world to Pascoe and the entire Wests Tigers board.
" Well that certainly is a fine mess you have got us into....Hmmph! "

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Of course, if we'd had Madge, it would have been Hastings running the show instead for most if the season. Hastings behind this pack with Bula out the back and either Brooks or Laurie at 5/8 would be like night and day.
And supposedly they let Hastings go because Bateman refused to play with him, and so far Bateman hasn't added much value.

Pezz70

Juniors
Bula isn’t shit but I agree with the point you are making.
It’s rare to see a team with a pack who try hard and fight for everything, only to have a totally incompetent backline trying to work off it and consistently stuff it up.
Bula is just another player with potential, good prospect but he is getting bashed every week and there’s only so much of that a young bloke can take. He would not be playing NRL at any other club at this stage. The tigers will break him.