What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Titans @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Titans

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuffaloRules

Coach
A lot of terrible plays today...off the top of my head;

Moses intercept pass in the first half...led to a try
Moses dropping that ball cold after he caught it with open space in front of him
Rankin getting outjumped for the ball in his in goal
Teddy flick on that led to intercept try...
Lawrence trying to play the ball like a six year old
Moses goal kicking
Moses not playing it safe by going for the miracle 50m field goal and gifting the Titans one last chance to steal it..

Dumb footy

Clifferd

Coach
Well f**k if you want take any positives out of it they scored 3 tries off intercepts ... Actually that's not a positive at all

Gutted we lost that

Task remains with us having to win our last 3 games, no ifs or buts

macnaz

Staff member
No comment really , we all knew the way this game was going to go.. be it Ref calls , no hooker .. shit winger .. the Hayne Pain , season on the line etc etc etc.. = losing

Ps.. forgot to mention if there is ever a brand new ridiculous onfield decision made it will always cost US! We got to witness the first NRL captains call .. fair enough the correct call was made in the end BUT that privilege is NOT in the rule book .

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
That was rough. We put in a good effort out there. Robbie should be there. Naiqama and Nofo are weapons. Moses was due for some poor plays and he had so many chances to win it for us but failed every time. He had a go though.

I'm disappointed but if this team gets it's act together we can really be a quality side.

and who was the West Tigers player to kick a field goal today?

Farah Destroys Magpies
It was a five-star performance by Robbie Farah, who was simply outstanding in the Wests Tigers 39-14 domination over the Wentworthville Magpies at Campbelltown Stadium.

Farah scored a try, kicked a field goal and was involved in many more, earning him the Intrust Super Premiership NSW man of the match award, despite the fact he went off the field concussed in the second half.

He was not alone in scintillating individual performances, with the entire backline and halves surpassing their usual roles to run rings around the red-hot Magpies.

The match began with a classy offload from Farah catching out the defence and forcing an eventual penalty.

Off the ensuing set, Justin Hunt put a nice little grubber in that looked like it was going to be too big, however Chee Kam showed his inner-Ben Barba to somehow drag the ball from outside the field of play and plant the ball down just millimetres short of the dead ball line.

Farah showed his pure class for the Wests Tigers next four-pointer, when Hunt broke through a tackle and got away an amazing offload to the 247-game veteran, who then put in a perfect kick for Josh Addo-Carr to win the race to the ball and plant it down.

Farah did it all himself soon after when he darted out of dummy half, forced the defence to change direction, but it was too late, as the smart hooker sliced through a manufactured hole to score the Wests Tigers third.

Honeti Tuha finally crossed the line for the Magpies under the posts, but after an in-depth discussion with his touch judge, the Wests Tigers were given a penalty.

The Magpies eventually got their first try when Cody Nelson somehow got a grubber away whilst getting dragged down, before the ball bounced up perfectly in the hands of Scott Schulte to reduce the deficit to 16-4.

Farah capped off a brilliant first half by slotting a 30-metre goal on the buzzer.

The Wests Tigers surrendered a huge 28-6 half-time lead two weeks ago at the same ground, but they weren’t about to repeat that as just three minutes into the second half, Cherrington sparked an Addo-Carr runaway try to extend their lead to 23-4.

The Magpies hit straight back thanks again to Nelson, who drifted across the field, hit the defence and popped a ball out the back for Jake Butler-Fleming, who ran through a large hole to score.

During the try, Farah had to be assisted off the field due to a concussion, and got a warm applause from the Campbelltown faithful.

Chee Kam made a huge mid-field run in the 54th minute, evading defenders and breaking through tackles with ease. He then finished off the set by crashing over with two defenders on his back to score his second try of the afternoon.

One of the hits of the season followed, as Chance Peni made a linebreak against the run of play, but was completely blindsided by Roydon Gillett who absolutely rattled him. To Peni’s credit, he wasn’t held, and he got up and kept running up-field.

The Wests Tigers wrapped up the match thanks to the unsurprising star of the day, Farah – who was back on the field - when he double-pumped, then threw a perfect floating pass to Addo-Carr, who dived in the left corner for his third try of the afternoon.

Farah was involved yet again for the final try of the day to Jackson Williams, which means the Wests Tigers will maintain their top four position at the end of the round with that dominant 39-14 performance.

Vic Mackey

Referee
A lot of terrible plays today...off the top of my head;

Moses intercept pass in the first half...led to a try
Moses dropping that ball cold after he caught it with open space in front of him
Rankin getting outjumped for the ball in his in goal
Teddy flick on that led to intercept try...
Lawrence trying to play the ball like a six year old
Moses goal kicking
Moses not playing it safe by going for the miracle 50m field goal and gifting the Titans one last chance to steal it..

Dumb footy

Yep

Thinking of everything that happened and then considering we lost teddy with 20 mins to go and down by 8, it's remarkable we were 15 seconds from golden point

A couple of shocking calls against us too. Moses was taken head high prior to the intercept which have the GC first try. It was right in front of me and cummins put the whistle to his mouth only to put it away whenhayne was in the clear (was assuming Hayne would score and he could go to the video ref) yet Hayne got run down and they score next play. Ridiculous rule.

Then the horrendous no strip penalty on aloiai, how 5 officials miss that I'll never know. I don't think I've seen a more obvious strip in my life.

All things considered I don't think we were the better team, however the better team doesn't always win, we were the better team against Melbourne and got fcked on. One day we'll win a game with a bullshit ref call giving us the victory...one day

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We get a bit of confidence and then forget the old line by Mick Potter, we have to earn the right to play expansive footy via good field position.

Considering the only reason Jason Taylor played footy was because of his goalkicking, you'd think he would've helped Moses vastly more than he has. We aren't good enough to score under the sticks, so Moses needs to be vastly better from out wide/at angles.

Or perhaps he just isn't a clutch player.

phatnonphatness

Juniors
A bit unfair to fault Moses on goalkicking, I think the Titans only got 1/4 so if theirs was even marginally better we still would've lost. Came down to not having the right plays and throwing lazy passes, leading to all those intercepts.

While the refs were bad, I think both sides got their fair share of bad calls. Titans just wanted it more and came up trumps.

Tiger05

First Grade
A bit unfair to fault Moses on goalkicking, I think the Titans only got 1/4 so if theirs was even marginally better we still would've lost. Came down to not having the right plays and throwing lazy passes, leading to all those intercepts.

While the refs were bad, I think both sides got their fair share of bad calls. Titans just wanted it more and came up trumps.

They were just better than us on the day.

simmo1

First Grade
Yeah Moses is just as likely to miss those kicks if we were up by 50. It wasn't down to pressure its just he's a shit goal kicker.

Having an 80% goal kicker would help us massively. Not only would we have potentially won more games, but our for and against could be about 20-30 points better.

Clifferd

Coach
It's not all doom and gloom I guess, but we are walking on thin ice

This Penrith game is absolutely sudden death for us, and while it's terrible we lost teddy you gotta remember we were down yesterday when he went off then put on 2 quick tries so we can play expansive footy without him

Titans still have to play Pennies(50/50)and Cowboys(can't see them winning that)
Pennies play us (50/50), Titans and Manly
Warriors play Cowboys, us then Parra

We have the hardest run home it seems so it's pretty unlikely

Titans/Panthers will sneak in

simmo05

Bench
The idiot calling the game on abc grandstand who said the tigers were playing like a top 4 team cost us the game.:)

Latest posts