What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 25 vs Souths @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 25: Newcastle v Souths

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight Tales

Juniors
If we win the next two I think we are entitled to believe we can make the big dance. At least we are going to know how close we are this time with no soft draw going in. Playing two sides who expect to be there by default. Souths will go out on their own sword on Sunday one way or the other. We are in uncharted waters. Our own destiny in our hands with three desperate sides on our arse in Roosters, Souths and Cowboys. Usually we do the chasing waiting for one of them to fall over first.

perverse

Referee
If we win the next two I think we are entitled to believe we can make the big dance. At least we are going to know how close we are this time with no soft draw going in. Playing two sides who expect to be there by default. Souths will go out on their own sword on Sunday one way or the other. We are in uncharted waters. Our own destiny in our hands with three desperate sides on our arse in Roosters, Souths and Cowboys. Usually we do the chasing waiting for one of them to fall over first.
If we win what... 9 on the trot heading into the finals I wouldn't write us off for a grand final appearance, as unlikely as it all is. It's within the realms of feasibility. Still a long way to go before then. Every game, except perhaps the Dragons, is a mountain to climb between now and then. We're undeniably one of 3 or 4 form teams of the competition at the moment.

Yosh

Coach
If we win what... 9 on the trot heading into the finals I wouldn't write us off for a grand final appearance, as unlikely as it all is. It's within the realms of feasibility. Still a long way to go before then. Every game, except perhaps the Dragons, is a mountain to climb between now and then. We're undeniably one of 3 or 4 form teams of the competition at the moment.

Sounds unbelievable but I just want us to take it one game at a time. Every game is a grand final for us at the moment. A grand final appearance sounds utterly amazing but I'd be stoked for a home game finals week 1.

perverse

Referee
Sounds unbelievable but I just want us to take it one game at a time. Every game is a grand final for us at the moment. A grand final appearance sounds utterly amazing but I'd be stoked for a home game finals week 1.
Pretty much. Every win is a blessing right now. All I'm saying is that we're playing with enough conviction and honesty at the moment to not rule anything out. Been a long time since we had our tails up this high.

Apey

Staff member
For funsies I had a quick run through the ladder predictor for the remaining rounds with a few scenarios.

5th if we win all 3
6th if we drop just 1 game (regardless of which one)
7th if we drop Souths & Sharks games
9th if we drop all 3

Lots of close/big match ups in the last few rounds that will impact this though.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’ve been asking myself “would we be better off losing one of the next 2 games?”.

Knight Tales

Juniors
9 in a row would be exceptional and quite unexpected. Have we actually ever done that before? It does not sound like us does it.

Latest posts