What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 6 vs Sydney @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 6: Newcastle v Sydney

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sydney Roosters 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
Honestly if we win this and win it well (as in, put in a good performance, not just limp to a win), we'll have built into the season nicely after a shaky start and I'll start expecting us to be good again.

Agreed, 3 from 6 with the draw we had and playing good footy is a very solid result.

perverse

Referee
We all know when we look at the ladder at the end of the year we will think of that Cowboys game though.
One way or another that's just the nature of the competition yeah. Unless you win the minor premiership, the comp is tight enough that 1 loss will be the difference between making the 8/not making it, getting a home final or not, getting an extra chance in the finals, etc. Every 2 points is valuable.

Apey

Staff member
One way or another that's just the nature of the competition yeah. Unless you win the minor premiership, the comp is tight enough that 1 loss will be the difference between making the 8/not making it, getting a home final or not, getting an extra chance in the finals, etc. Every 2 points is valuable.
Off-topic, but your sig quote is all time. I follow the great man on twitter but it's hardly worth it compared to his LU musings.

Hope he makes 10 line breaks then stuffs up the pass.
I did like Watson in our team. Wonder how things would look if we kept him?
It was disappointing he left. Injured for most of his contract. Put in 1 solid year without injury and then left.

Potential to be a very good player , but once that electric pace is gone he isn't much.

Rod

Bench
And while the Cowboys game was infuriating, we were probably almost equally as fortunate in the Storm game.

3/6 would be an ok start given everything as others have said. With a somewhat easier draw coming up after that.

Yosh

Coach
Who cares lads! Let's smash em this week and show Dom why he is an idiot for leaving!!!

Knight Tales

Bench
The draw we have had has been very trying. The Raiders are in great form so it was no anomaly that loss.

Last edited:
Jennings 300th so a milestone match for the Rorters. They'll be well up for this one.

I expect plenty of niggle from the likes of JWH and co.

What Safs bother to turn up ?

Knight Tales

Bench
Jennings 300th so a milestone match for the Rorters. They'll be well up for this one.

I expect plenty of niggle from the likes of JWH and co.

What Safs bother to turn up ?
Jennings did a number on his own career and reputation. And if winning for him is what motivates teammates, then that tells you all you need to know about the Sydney Roosters and their convenient morality. Robbo has lost a lot of respect of late. Usually he reads the room perfectly. I think he is under immense pressure but I do not see him getting removed any time soon. It is more the roster and where it should be.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Not to take away from the 3 comps that Robbo has won already but that club with the resources and roster they’ve got should be in a GF every couple of years. To say they’ve under performed since the back to back wins would been an understatement.

Burwood

Bench
The one thing about Robinson is that he understands more than any coach about playing at Newcastle and putting on a show for the crowd. He always has his team primed for this match.