What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 7: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
I'd honestly forgotten what it felt like to feel legitimately anxious during a game of football. They're out there having a real crack at them. I think we're all probably wondering if they can keep it up, or whether we concede 5 or 6 tries in the second half.

Jono078

Referee
I'd honestly forgotten what it felt like to feel legitimately anxious during a game of football. They're out there having a real crack at them. I think we're all probably wondering if they can keep it up, or whether we concede 5 or 6 tries in the second half.
Absolutely. I 100% expect us to go down 28-18.

Meanwhile I look at the other game day thread and Panthers fans are not sweating it, they're like just need to fix our errors and we've got them. That must feel nice.

Jono078

Referee
Apart from our defence, a stat at the start of the game showed (I think) Panthers have only conceded 2 tries in each of their previous 8 games… 3 in the first half a-thankyou.
This explains my first half orgasmic sensations. That gets me super excited!

Jono078

Referee
I also can't help but think, honestly where does Ponga fit in now?

It's so clear how well Gamble and Hastings work together in spreading the ball between themselves.

Either way, I suppose it's a nice headache for AOB to have for once.

I'd feel pretty awful for Gamble if he is the man to miss out next week.

perverse

Referee
Ha... if we actually somehow beat every odd and win this, we actually leapfrog the Panthers on the ladder. Imagine thinking we'd even have a chance at that at the start of the year.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
We're going well and our defence is putting in a great deal of effort. I just wish our kick off's went further. We should be landing the ball within their goal line. They keep catching it 5-10 metres out and that's getting them easy metres.

perverse

Referee
I also can't help but think, honestly where does Ponga fit in now?

It's so clear how well Gamble and Hastings work together in spreading the ball between themselves.

Either way, I suppose it's a nice headache for AOB to have for once.

I'd feel pretty awful for Gamble if he is the man to miss out next week.
He fits in at 6 and you play Gamble at 13 or 14. It's the only thing that makes sense. You then get the luxury of playing Croker from the bench, where I think he's gone a lot better from to date at least.

A bigger question for me is where you fit Elliott. I'd say he's a bench player for us at the moment, as crazy as that sounds... at least until he shows the form he was showing last year.