What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Brisbane @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Leumeah / Dharawal

Who will win? Round 8: Wests Tigers v Brisbane

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Brisbane Broncos 1-12

• Brisbane Broncos 13+

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
I know we have played the two toughest teams in the comp in the last three weeks.....but the saddest part is that the wheels have begun to fall off in the same time period as well.
The boys are still putting in....but you can already see signs a third of the way through the competition that there is some wear and tear on the boys. This is to be expected though as we come from by far the lowest base in the competition. If our attack does not improve quickly, I think we'll lose the fight defensively as well and let the floodgates open (which to our credit, has not really happened yet).

1. Bula: As is the strength of the NRL, most second year players find it harder to make an impact because they are factored in defence plans. With our lack of decent backs and halves support, teams are defending him well. He is still our best option but is finding first grade more difficult this year.

2. Staines: It is sad when we have to field a player like this as he is our second best winger at the club. In most clubs, he'd be playing NSW Cup. I hope he f**ks off in his Forbes Ferrari at the end of the year or stays as a 4th choice winger.

3. Naden: Another NSW Cup standard player in the backline. His falcon to himself encapsulates his career. Physically, he is absolutely a first grader. Mentally, he just doesn't have it and we need to move on from him at the end of the year. He still is a terrible reader in defence....and I give up in hoping for it to get better. He is not to be trusted on the wing either as he is unreliable under the high ball. Sadly.....the second best centre option we have atm.

4. Olam: His form in a way is a barometer of the teams. He was all too quiet today and as has been over the past three weeks, his tackles are starting not to stick. He won't get dropped as he is our best option but he needs to get better and find that edge he was playing with at that game against Cronulla.

5. Alaimalo: Lets hope that every idiot that called for Junior Tupou to get dropped because he is leaving shuts their mouths after seeing Alaimalo today. He is still way too green for first grade at this time. Hopefully he continues to build as the year goes.

6. Galvin: He continued to bust his ass today but nobody went with him. Lets hope we tie him up very, very soon.

7. Sezer: With each game, Sezer is getting more and more off the pace. I fear that his season is beginning to mirror Wakeham's from last year.....big first three games or so then gradually fell away. He has been bought to kick and organise and we have fallen away in both of those areas over the last three weeks.

8. Stefano: If Stefano performed today, it would have gone a long way towards securing a NSW jersey. He fell well and truly short. I doubt he gets selected from here. Another guy who has been below his best the last three weeks.

9. Api: Such an attacking spark.....we will miss him terribly if he is out next week. He had a few ordinary misses today in defence.

10: Klemmer: I thought he had his best game today.....genuinely bended the line with most of his runs. A shitload better than his much hyped starting prop partner. He earnt his pay today.

11. Papalii: Richo, if this guy asks for a contract release, let him go. He is absolutely taking the piss and just going through the motions and has done so for the whole of his stint here. Deadset Adam Blair mk 2.

12. Fainu: Went okay for a guy his age and well worth investing in him. He was not groundbreaking today though.

13. Bateman: He battled away but working in the middle is clearly not his go. A coaching error by Benji. Keep him on the edges!

14. Latu: A non-event

15: Twal: A typica Twal performance....but we need to move on from him next year.

16: Seyfarth: No impact on the game.

17: Pole: Nice impact from him from the bench. A man we simply must keep for well into the future.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
From Fox NRL stats
Possession was even
RM
Staines-158.............Walsh-168
Aliamolo-143
Naden-131
Tk
Bateman-39.............Rici-29
Api-32
Stef-27
Runs
Staines-17...............Carrigan-17
Bateman-15
Naden-13
Klemmer-13
Pcm
Klemmer-51...........Carrigan-60
Bula-43
Naden-39
KM
Sezer-256................Reynolds-355
Galvin-99

Tigerm

First Grade
Stats wise the game was pretty even.
But they made us pay for our mistakes and we didn't.
Our attack has gone to shit, not sure what they can do to fix it this year?
Nothing seems to change, in years past, we could point at parts of the club, but we have new management, new coaches and some new players, especially in positions that were always suspect.
It was quite noticeable how quick they were, something we've lacked for a long time.
Unfortunately, there is no quick fix on the horizon for this season (again). Wasn't much in the NSW cup team to get excited about.
But something to look forward to, for next season (again), with a lot of the good younger players getting another year under there belt and the quality we've got coming.
But I think there a more than a few, playing for contracts for next year, imo.
For now though, I’m just hoping we don’t do a 3 peat this year.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I'll say one think in our favour last night. I rarely blame the ref for our shittery.....but that first half was an absolute stitch up from them. It was the worse we have been reffed this year and definitely cut off any chance we had of winning.

We didn't deserve to win....but the refs made sure of it.

Wizardman

First Grade
@

Wizardman

" 11. Papalii: Richo, if this guy asks for a contract release, let him go. He is absolutely taking the piss and just going through the motions and has done so for the whole of his stint here. Deadset Adam Blair mk 2."

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
His Tigers form has been largely ignored by a lot out there. He is not the worst.....but so far away from his form at Parra.

Nutz

Bench
We absolutely don't have the roster yet to contend for the eight. The huge hope for our future is our new front office.
Exactly, I just didn't want to write a war and peace article and state the obvious ha ha. It's all about been said already.
We should ban our home games until we sort our shitesters out ;)

WA Tiger

Bench
I'll say one think in our favour last night. I rarely blame the ref for our shittery.....but that first half was an absolute stitch up from them. It was the worse we have been reffed this year and definitely cut off any chance we had of winning.

We didn't deserve to win....but the refs made sure of it.
It’s almost like the bunker has a time limit to make a decision..it’s a panicked decision, which is usually a bad decision...2 bunker refs could at least discuss it ..

Das Hassler

Bench
The bunker just makes up whatever suits the mood...just as the bunker puts players on report the captains should have the right to place the officials on report as well including the bunker. Also the refs should have to officially declare during a stoppage in play that a match official has been put on report by a captain and the reason for it.
* obviously for amusement purposes only....I.e. as if!

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
I know we have played the two toughest teams in the comp in the last three weeks.....but the saddest part is that the wheels have begun to fall off in the same time period as well.
The boys are still putting in....but you can already see signs a third of the way through the competition that there is some wear and tear on the boys. This is to be expected though as we come from by far the lowest base in the competition. If our attack does not improve quickly, I think we'll lose the fight defensively as well and let the floodgates open (which to our credit, has not really happened yet).

1. Bula: As is the strength of the NRL, most second year players find it harder to make an impact because they are factored in defence plans. With our lack of decent backs and halves support, teams are defending him well. He is still our best option but is finding first grade more difficult this year.

2. Staines: It is sad when we have to field a player like this as he is our second best winger at the club. In most clubs, he'd be playing NSW Cup. I hope he f**ks off in his Forbes Ferrari at the end of the year or stays as a 4th choice winger.

3. Naden: Another NSW Cup standard player in the backline. His falcon to himself encapsulates his career. Physically, he is absolutely a first grader. Mentally, he just doesn't have it and we need to move on from him at the end of the year. He still is a terrible reader in defence....and I give up in hoping for it to get better. He is not to be trusted on the wing either as he is unreliable under the high ball. Sadly.....the second best centre option we have atm.

4. Olam: His form in a way is a barometer of the teams. He was all too quiet today and as has been over the past three weeks, his tackles are starting not to stick. He won't get dropped as he is our best option but he needs to get better and find that edge he was playing with at that game against Cronulla.

5. Alaimalo: Lets hope that every idiot that called for Junior Tupou to get dropped because he is leaving shuts their mouths after seeing Alaimalo today. He is still way too green for first grade at this time. Hopefully he continues to build as the year goes.

6. Galvin: He continued to bust his ass today but nobody went with him. Lets hope we tie him up very, very soon.

7. Sezer: With each game, Sezer is getting more and more off the pace. I fear that his season is beginning to mirror Wakeham's from last year.....big first three games or so then gradually fell away. He has been bought to kick and organise and we have fallen away in both of those areas over the last three weeks.

8. Stefano: If Stefano performed today, it would have gone a long way towards securing a NSW jersey. He fell well and truly short. I doubt he gets selected from here. Another guy who has been below his best the last three weeks.

9. Api: Such an attacking spark.....we will miss him terribly if he is out next week. He had a few ordinary misses today in defence.

10: Klemmer: I thought he had his best game today.....genuinely bended the line with most of his runs. A shitload better than his much hyped starting prop partner. He earnt his pay today.

11. Papalii: Richo, if this guy asks for a contract release, let him go. He is absolutely taking the piss and just going through the motions and has done so for the whole of his stint here. Deadset Adam Blair mk 2.

12. Fainu: Went okay for a guy his age and well worth investing in him. He was not groundbreaking today though.

13. Bateman: He battled away but working in the middle is clearly not his go. A coaching error by Benji. Keep him on the edges!

14. Latu: A non-event

15: Twal: A typica Twal performance....but we need to move on from him next year.

16: Seyfarth: No impact on the game.

17: Pole: Nice impact from him from the bench. A man we simply must keep for well into the future.
I can’t believe you praised Pole, he was ineffective and gave away a stupid penalty at the worst possible time. The stats say he didn’t miss a tackle but there was a couple of times he was just left standing, looking ridiculous. He has been off the pace in recent times.
Bateman works his arse off most weeks but does dumb shit. I think he is pretty good in the middle but I would not have him as first receiver in the attacking 20, he just got in the way

WA Tiger

Bench
The bunker just makes up whatever suits the mood...just as the bunker puts players on report the captains should have the right to place the officials on report as well including the bunker. Also the refs should have to officially declare during a stoppage in play that a match official has been put on report by a captain and the reason for it.
* obviously for amusement purposes only....I.e. as if!
& if it’s serious 10 minutes with no bunker