What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 8: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Based on what exactly. Friz has 12 tries in 66 games for us, Lucas 4 tries in 11 games at second row. Like I said Frizz is a great player but he's not really a try scorer. And he collects a few of the ones he does get by chasing hard on grubbers rather than breaking the line.
Based on my eyeballs mate. The defence numbers up on Frizell which makes space for his men either side. They don't do the same for Lucas

We also have a combined NRL games total of 18 from our 2 starting backrowers. Call me old fashioned but I'd prefer we have at least 1 of our edges be experienced

Lucas is a rookie and has promise but he doesn't have the runs on the board to unseat a proven backrower like Tyson just yet

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Friz is a blue chip backrower I dont see the sense in changing that, and a 3rd of the way through the season even a worse idea.
This. Lucas was been really good for us but he’s made some mistakes that Frizell wouldn’t. He’s the 1st forward picked and in his preferred position.

Yosh

Coach
I think Lucas is still better off the bench. Offers a little shuffle and wiggle with his runs that's something different to Frizz. Also he covers the backs as well.

Any news on Jacob?

mozza91

Coach
I think Lucas is still better off the bench. Offers a little shuffle and wiggle with his runs that's something different to Frizz. Also he covers the backs as well.

Any news on Jacob?
Foot injury. He’s a chance to play this weekend. They’ll make the decision late in the week.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Lucas lost some points in my book in the roosters game with those tries behind the ruck over his side. Not all his fault of course, he was with Cogger which didn’t help.
I much prefer Frizz for now.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Frizz has gotten exposed when teams run back to back plays vs the edge. I think it's the rare time you see his age.
That can't bode well in the middle, though it's a very different kind of speed.