What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs North Qld @ Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville / Wulgurukaba

Who will win? Round 8: North Qld v Newcastle

• North Queensland Cowboys 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old dog

Juniors
Was hoping for at least one win and the bye, so it’s must win v eels then bye then we should have Elliott back, don’t want him this week give him 2 more was to get ready

Yosh

Coach
If someone told me 2 months ago that we would draw with Manly, lose in golden point to Penrith and lose by 2 to the Cowboys in 3 weeks, I would have been super happy with that. I'm happy we are competitive but it's frustrating to think we could have won these past 3 games with some good goal kicking. M.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
If someone told me 2 months ago that we would draw with Manly, lose in golden point to Penrith and lose by 2 to the Cowboys in 3 weeks, I would have been super happy with that. I'm happy we are competitive but it's frustrating to think we could have won these past 3 games with some good goal kicking. M.
Two of those teams are going to miss the 8 this year so I can’t say I’m too happy with those results.

Woosh

Head Moderator
This summed up the Knights attack on Saturday.
Hetherington was calling the shots on the last lol.
Miller should’ve called for it but he was standing way too deep.
Hastings parked himself at right centre either gassed/injured.

F1619B73-6B21-414E-AAE8-9B587E5A57C9.jpeg

Jono078

Referee
This summed up the Knights attack on Saturday.
Hetherington was calling the shots on the last lol.
Miller should’ve called for it but he was standing way too deep.
Hastings parked himself at right centre either gassed/injured.

View attachment 73160

What this doesn't show is it appeared that we had the numbers to the left with either Fitz or Best on an isolated Townsend.

Hetherington appears to be pointing to Saifiti which is terrible. Miller, Hastings, Mann or Gamble barely in the picture when it was clear they needed the ball. If Miller had been pushing up and Phoenix gets him a good ball, I'm pretty sure we steal the win.

I haven't been this frustrated at a result since Volk went down to Islam. It feels like it should have been a different result.

Apey

Staff member
Can only think they didn't realise what tackle it was. Which is embarrassing.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Can only think they didn't realise what tackle it was. Which is embarrassing.

Maybe.
Hastings was centre field on the 4th tackle and wasn’t even involved in the play.
Very odd of him to park himself at right centre on the last.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Hastings wasn’t involved on the 4th tackle.
You can see him here inside of Dane.
Dane steps back on the inside who then offloads to Crossland who then passes to Ponga who just fall short of the try line.
So not sure what Hastings was thinking there on the 5th.
Either him or Miller needed to put their hand up on the 5th.
Neither wanted the ball.

Attachments

• ED2571E3-D266-4B13-9C3C-8D6FD7EF23BC.jpeg
    ED2571E3-D266-4B13-9C3C-8D6FD7EF23BC.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 4