What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Canterbury @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal

Who will win? Round 9: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2024 - Round 9
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Wests Tigers
Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park / Wanngal (TICKETS)

Saturday 4 May 2024
NRL kickoff 3pm.

Broadcast live on Fox, Kayo.

CANTERBURY2024.png

1. Connor Tracey 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Bronson Xerri 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Drew Hutchison 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Josh Curran 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jaeman Salmon 13. Kurt Mann 14. Bailey Hayward 15. Samuel Hughes 16. Kurtis Morrin 17. Blake Taaffe 19. Blake Wilson 20. Poasa Faamausili 21. Toby Sexton 22. Jacob Preston 23. Jake Turpin

Out: Chris Patolo (front row)
In: Kurt Mann (lock), Blake Wilson (reserve), Poasa Fa'amausili (reserve), Toby Sexton (reserve), Jacob Preston (reserve), Jake Turpin (reserve)
Changes: Josh Curran (lock to front row)

WESTSTIGERS2024.png

1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Brent Naden 4. Justin Olam 5. Solomon Alaimalo 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. Samuela Fainu 13. John Bateman 14. Latu Fainu 15. Alex Twal 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Fonua Pole 18. Jake Simpkin 19. Starford To'a 20. Asu Kepaoa 21. Alexander Lobb 22. Solomona Faataape

In: Jake Simpkin (reserve), Starford To'a (reserve), Asu Kepaoa (reserve), Alexander Lobb (reserve), Solomona Faataape (reserve)

A-REF-BW-2023TEAM.png

Referee: Kasey Badger
Sideline Officials: Drew Oultram, Jon Stone
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

Match facts

HEAD TO HEAD - 2000 - 2023​

TOTALCANTERBURYWESTS TIGERSDRAWN
ALL MATCHES4326170
ACCOR231490

LAST FIVE MEETINGS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2021Round 21WESTS TIGERS 28-16Cbus Super0
2021Round 25CANTERBURY 38-0Moreton Daily3104
2022Round 11WESTS TIGERS 36-22Leichhardt15124
2022Round 15CANTERBURY 36-12CommBank14806
2023Round 3CANTERBURY 26-22Belmore16404

BIGGEST WINS​

YEARROUNDRESULTVENUECROWD
2005Round 24WESTS TIGERS 54-2Telstra29542
2008Round 21WESTS TIGERS 56-4ANZ16121
2021Round 25CANTERBURY 38-0Moreton Daily3104

NEXT FOUR MATCHES​

Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13
CANTERBURYPENRITH (A)CANBERRA (A)ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA (H)NEWCASTLE (A)
WESTS TIGERSNEWCASTLE (H)DOLPHINS (H)NORTH QLD (A)(BYE)

LAST THREE MATCHES​

Round 6 Round 7 Round 8
CANTERBURYMELBOURNEL 14-16NEWCASTLEW 36-12(BYE)
WESTS TIGERSST GEORGE ILLAWARRAL 12-24PENRITHL 6-22BRISBANEL 10-34

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I get the feeling if we can’t nail this one, while it was always a long shot, the top 8 isn’t going to happen.
Even the spoon comes back into contention :(

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
I get the feeling if we can’t nail this one, while it was always a long shot, the top 8 isn’t going to happen.
Even the spoon comes back into contention :(
Lucky the Rabbits are a rabble otherwise the spoon would’ve been a real possibility. They must regret getting rid of Reynolds now.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Lucky the Rabbits are a rabble otherwise the spoon would’ve been a real possibility. They must regret getting rid of Reynolds now.
With their roster I expect souths to come good eventually & string some wins together.Hence this game is massive for us & we need to start winning against non elite teams.If we don’t start beating lower ranked teams the 3 peat will b inevitable.

Das Hassler

Bench

I doubt that Reynolds would have made much of a difference if he'd stayed..he's had his second coming by having a point to prove and being able to prove it with the players he has around him up there. If he'd stayed at souths I think he would have just slipped away into the doldrums.

Benchtiger

Juniors
The attacking display that was dished up against the Broncos has wooden spoon written all over it, regardless the ref and bunker most likely will f### us in the a### again, taking the game away from us and handing it to the opposition.

We're very similar to the dogs, but they are probably a year ahead of us as far as on field progression goes.

Both teams have an improved roster, and level of effort. Both teams have issues with the halves and generating points. Both teams have issues holding their own up the middle in attack and defence.

Canterbury have managed to stay in games longer than we have, and have gotten some more wins because of this.

Really this should be a close game that goes down to the wire. If it doesn't I'll be disappointed but not particularly surprised.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
1. Jahream Bula 2. Charlie Staines 3. Brent Naden 4. Justin Olam 5. Solomon Alaimalo 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. Samuela Fainu 13. John Bateman
14. Latu Fainu 15. Alex Twal 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Fonua Pole
18. Jake Simpkin 19. Starford To'a 20. Asu Kepaoa 21. Alexander Lobb 22. Solomona Faataape

In: Jake Simpkin (reserve), Starford To'a (reserve), Asu Kepaoa (reserve), Alexander Lobb (reserve), Solomona Faataape (reserve)

Tigerm

First Grade
Same side as last week, except for Matamua, so that’s a plus?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

No TDS, Jake’s on his own? Latu will be back up?

Last edited:
The key to this game is going to be in our attempts to contain their left edge. If we can do that effectively, we'll go a long way towards winning. If we don't, well it could be a cricket score. Our kicking game needs to improve dramatically from last week if we're to have any hope.

Be interesting how the spine we have today manage the game in API's absence, and what game plan the coaching staff have come up with.

I think we need to get out of the blocks and get a bit of a lead, mostly for our confidence, which will be down a bit after the results of the last couple of weeks. I don't place a lot of meaning around stats but I don't think we've won very many games where we haven't scored first.

Pezz70

Juniors
Not really what I meant, just thought it might help give the younger guys a rocket knowing he’s missing

definitely better with him in the team
I wasn’t disagreeing with you. Just think he is a really massive loss for us. His work rate is amazing.

I’m praying we don’t get 50 points put on us

Latest posts