What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mateo

Parra Guru

Coach
.... to me looks like he is just taking the p!ss and has looked that way all season.

Thoughts?

offside ref

Juniors
Good riddence to him and inu. Iv been a mateo fan for a long time waiting for him to deliver but it seems it won't happen.

Now we wait for max to say he's the speciel one.

Gronk

Staff member
People have bagged Anasta plenty over the years, but he gave Mateo a masterclass in ball playing locks last night. Mateo has dwindled to a try hard.

johnkolc

Juniors
Agreed, his lack of urgency in defence last night was sh*thouse. He certainly hasn't improved in form since he signed with the Warriors. In fact you wouldn't think their fans would be overly excited by anything him or Inu have shown since signing.

Delboy

First Grade
Whilst at the game and sitting up high, you could see the Roosters plan of attack was to pressure our lazy defenders and we all have an opinion of who they are.They won't bewith us next year, and the shame is that they have unlimitesd potential and have had for a while, but are a real liability in defence and recovery.
'

Gronk

Staff member
Did anyone hear Rabs2 last night introduce Mateo as dynamite - on his day. I am sure it wasn't a dig but it was certainly accurate.

Parra Guru

Coach
It makes me sad to bag him but he's not really done much all season.

I thought he had more heart than he's showing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anderson ruined him as a player i hope cleary lets him play natural and let the football world show what he can doo

lingard

Coach
Shows how wrong you can be. At the beginning of the year I predicted that Mateo would be our best player in 2010. His performances in the finals last year after a long lay-off with injury convinced me that he had recovered his spark. I was very impressed with him. I thought he`d play State of Origin this year. He still does good things on the field and can be a damaging runner, but he just does not seem to want to learn to pass the ball more judiciously. How hard can it be? Anderson has tried to temper his play, but he still comes up with at least one kindergarten pass per game.

lucablight

First Grade
Does anyone else get really annoyed whenever Mateo tries to offload there is simply no support there? Yesterday everytime the Roosters made a break there was always someone in support even if it was 50m down the field. So many times yesterday Mateo was literally holding the ball out behind him and there was simply no support there. In the rare occasions there was the person catching the ball was standing still.
Very frustrating to watch.

grapeape

Juniors
mateo is playing frustrated football, cause
A) hes not getting enough time
b) he is playing out wide away from the ball.
c) the halves are not drawing the defense into the middle of the field before passing it too mateo. (this fault is the same for tahu)

we have tahu and mateo catching the ball all year with the defence all over them. we never see them with open space.

mateo wants to play up the middle of the field like when he was under Hagan and prospered.

DA plays him like a hoffman, mateo want to be played like a sutton.

im sure he will be happy to leave.

Djay

Juniors
Shows how wrong you can be. At the beginning of the year I predicted that Mateo would be our best player in 2010. His performances in the finals last year after a long lay-off with injury convinced me that he had recovered his spark. I was very impressed with him. I thought he`d play State of Origin this year. He still does good things on the field and can be a damaging runner, but he just does not seem to want to learn to pass the ball more judiciously. How hard can it be? Anderson has tried to temper his play, but he still comes up with at least one kindergarten pass per game.
I thought you didn't like him? But I honestly agree with everything you just said.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
c) the halves are not drawing the defense into the middle of the field before passing it too mateo. (this fault is the same for tahu)

we have tahu and mateo catching the ball all year with the defence all over them. we never see them with open space.

mateo wants to play up the middle of the field like when he was under Hagan and prospered.

im sure he will be happy to leave.
Yep it's all DA's fault, nothing to do with Mateo and a sh*thouse attitude......

strider

Post Whore
at one stage last night, towards the end, mateo dropped the ball and was a bit pissed with himself for doing so and lay on the ground a bit .... and hindy who tackled the rooster who dived on the ball, did alot of pointing and yelling to get mateo to get the f**k up and back in the defensive line

tbh I think mateo cops a bit too much on here .... i don't think he's been as bad as people make out ... he has lapses of laziness, but you could say that about several of our team .... i agree that he seems frustrated - obviously isn't getting the chances he wants - I have a feeling he'll kick arse next year at the warriors, cos he will thrive when his coach gives him the reigns and lets him play the game he wants to play ... whether he can then make that pan out into totally reaching his potential for years to come is another question

Parra Guru

Coach

im sure he will be happy to leave

Well if he's only interested in the pretty stuff and not prepared to get his hands dirty, I can't wait til he leaves.

Daneel

Bench
he wants to play many more minutes and wants to be in the action in the middle of the field.

is that a sh*thouse attitude?

clownman

Yep, thats a sh*thouse attitude. Play for as long as your told too and where you are told too and get on with it. Do that and maybe he gets more minutes and a free rein to run where he likes.