What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Cecchin

blaza88z

Coach
I always felt like he respected the players and the players in turn respected him, the way he speaks to the players is a big difference compared to how other refs speak to them.

Kilkenny

Coach
This is no disrespect to you Killah, but I think it would be great if everyone on this forum could do a game in the middle and then come on here and read the comments; I think it may give people an appreciation for how difficult the job is.
Well said mate. Let’s face it the on field ref gets one look in real time, bunker gets half a dozen or more views in slow motion, various angles and they invariably get it wrong. The on field refs do an incredible job for the most part even if we as fans don’t always see it that way.

This is no disrespect to you Killah, but I think it would be great if everyone on this forum could do a game in the middle and then come on here and read the comments; I think it may give people an appreciation for how difficult the job is.

You're right. I stand corrected.

I also forgot to mention the part where the NRL was holding a gun to his head while paying him $300,000.00

Still Nutty

Juniors
Just wanted to say a heart felt congratulations to Matt Cecchin on a stellar career as an NRL Referee.

He was lost to the game for nearly 2 years, after death threats he received over the 2017 World Cup semi final between England and Tonga https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/it...t-cecchin-returns-to-nrl-20190308-p512tc.html

Always considered him as one of the best in the business and we need more referees of his calibre otherwise we don't have a game...good luck in retirement 👏👏👏....and nice touch by the Dragons and Bunnies with the guard of honour