What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Orford

john oldie

Juniors
A carefull analysis of the replays reveals that Orford had a reasonable game against the Titans. His last minute fumble can be explained by (a) the fact that the ball was kicked and changed direction as it came out of the scrum. (b) A viewing of the last fifteen minutes of the game will reveal that Orford was the Prime Tackler of many large Titan players as they attacked the raiders line . It is not surprising that as a result of this large use of energy he was a little lethargic and found it difficult to adjust as the ball changed direction as it spirted out of the scrum .

A view of the replay of the last fifteen minutes of the game will reveal that Orford made tackles on Titan front rowers , far more than his captain did in the whole game . A great exhibition of guts and determination. In addition he did not drop the ball.

In contrast The Captain has dropped or thrown the ball away in his own 20 metres at least once in every game since the semi against the Tigers . In some games as many as three times. On a number of occasions times the opposition has scored tries soon after . A number of times these errors have cost his team games

In addition has anyone seen the captain who is supposed to inspire his team , do anything that would inspire anyone

A viewing of the relevant replays will reveal that all the above assertions are correct.

Perhaps The Coach might talk to David Shillington rather than Matt Orford

Matt will get even better as he is still underdone

Last edited:

W.Smith

Juniors
i cant believe the fuss being made over Orford, im not surprised boof heads like Blocker, Mark Geyer and Peter Tunks are leading the calls for him to be rissoled to Logan Souths for a few weeks, neither of them could or have coached at any decent level and imo Dave Furner has done the right thing by sticking with him as Laurie Daley and Garry Freeman sed on Fox tonight

i thought Orford was solid v Titans and he is still only finding his feet at the Raiders, as for Orford copping crap by old forwards blaming him for not getting the forwards on the front foot what a load of tossoff !! - Shillo, Tilse, TLL and White are 4 of the biggest blokes in the NRL and these 4 should take the bit between the teeth and smash it up off acting half and make some incursions for the backs/Orford to play off

Orford is under the pump this week from all media seemingly and i reckon he will stand up and serve up some big sh*t burgers this week at Penrith. Dugan is a big loss for this week but his injury has restricted him so far this year so he wont be missed and i love the selection of Fergs at FB to include Reece Robbo, what an xciting combo this pair could prove to be, but if the forwards can stand up and get over the Penrith forwards and get a good roll with the pig as well as get off the line on defence and can sit the Panthers on their ass the Raiders will win in a canter this week

Last edited:

nickraider

Juniors
i cant believe the fuss being made over Orford, im not surprised boof heads like Blocker, Mark Geyer and Peter Tunks are leading the calls for him to be rissoled to Logan Souths for a few weeks, neither of them could or have coached at any decent level and imo Dave Furner has done the right thing by sticking with him as Laurie Daley and Garry Freeman sed on Fox tonight

i thought Orford was solid v Titans and he is still only finding his feet at the Raiders, as for Orford copping crap by old forwards blaming him for not getting the forwards on the front foot what a load of tossoff !! - Shillo, Tilse, TLL and White are 4 of the biggest blokes in the NRL and these 4 should take the bit between the teeth and smash it up off acting half and make some incursions for the backs/Orford to play off

Orford is under the pump this week from all media seemingly and i reckon he will stand up and serve up some big sh*t burgers this week at Penrith. Dugan is a big loss for this week but his injury has restricted him so far this year so he wont be missed and i love the selection of Fergs at FB to include Reece Robbo, what an xciting combo this pair could prove to be, but if the forwards can stand up and get over the Penrith forwards and get a good roll with the pig as well as get off the line on defence and can sit the Panthers on their ass the Raiders will win in a canter this week

Well said :clap:

I disagree . I thought his game was poor and not including the knock at the scrum.
His kicking is the worst in the comp and when he passes it usually goes behind the man or its a wobbly slow pass.

In saying that he wasnt on his own , bar 1 or 2 players the rest need to fire this week with him.

I hope he comes good , I really do as he was a class halfback but he really needs to fire this weekend or it will be Souths Logan for him and maybe some others

the more expectation the more frustration we cant bag fans for saying he is crap there will always be complaining. Just gotta let the team turn it around on the field

Timbo

Staff member
He was better against the Titans, but still very much sub-par.

He needs to step up big time this week.

Dazraider

Juniors
We bought Orford for his kicking game mainly and directing plays.
He has been woeful in the kicking department.

Williams showed he had a great kicking game and would only get better with the more games he plays.
Its frustrating knowing we have a good young halfback delegated to Toyota cup.
Manly,Knights,Sharks,Cowboys,Storm,Dogs have all young players playing in this position and the excuse to say he needs time is upmost bullsh#t.
If your good enough your old enough

aussies1st

Staff member
Given we have a kid that killed it on debut and is still killing it, the small improvements shown by Orford isn't enough. If we lose to the Panthers who have been just as bad as we have then his time has come.

nickraider

Juniors
I reckon Orford is going to stand up and be counted tonight and we'll all be singing his praises at about 9.15 tonight.

to_ddeath

Coach
He'd better step up for this one, I've tipped your mob AGAIN after constantly losing a point each week with your forwards & his substandard displays of late.
Oh, and can you tell Fake Fergasson to stop celebrating tries BEFORE you've won the game? His merkin meter is way too high at present.\
Other than that, good luck. The other mob are crap & there's no excuses if you can't get this.

T.

aussies1st

Staff member
Boy you got some faith in our mob, wouldn't back us away from home with the form we are in.

luffy1991

Juniors
I still don't understand the logic of buying Orford in the first place. I mean, he has half a season to play with McCrone, and then the next half with Campese. It'll take all parties involved at least 6+ weeks to get used to it.

At least if we were to play Williams and lose, he would have some valuable experience. Instead we have a veteran here for one season. Wasting everyone's time.

Billythekid

First Grade
I reckon Orford is going to stand up and be counted tonight and we'll all be singing his praises at about 9.15 tonight.

So far he is playing like a nuff nuff again. Just give williams a run and when Campese is back just leave McCrone on the team as he is clearly outplaying Orford.

nickraider

Juniors
So far he is playing like a nuff nuff again. Just give williams a run and when Campese is back just leave McCrone on the team as he is clearly outplaying Orford.

Wishful thinking. Orford has been ordinary again. We are in a world of hurt!

aussies1st

Staff member
We have other problems than halfback but still there is no excuse for the rubbish kicks Orford continues to put in.

We are crap , the whole team.

Orford was better but still not good enough for FG , his kicking is the worst Ive seen.

gUt

Coach
How can you say Orford was better? Errors, nothing kicks, poor options, poor defense... he's clearly over the hill or at least off the pace in a big way. Back to reggies with him. Let McCrone run the side.

aussies1st

Staff member
He was better than last week although hard for him to do much worse than that. Think of it as he went from crapper to crap.