What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Scott will not play in the Grand Final

davi

Juniors
Paul Green has announced Matt Scott will not play in the Grand Final.

Did Paul Green make the right call? I read Corey Jensen has offered to stand aside if Matt Scott is ready. Downside is it could wreck the chemistry and Scott will lack match fitness and be rusty. However Scott off the bench providing maybe 30-40 minutes might provide a good impact.

DeeJ

Bench
I think it's the right choice. Why risk a player who can't be match fit for the biggest game of the season?

The current squad are doing an fantastic job.

Grapple

Bench
Jensen has been playing well, reminds me a little of Finucane.

It would be the wrong move to play Scott. Too much risk to your team now and potentially in the future. The more this squad develops in these pressure games will only strengthen them for next year anyway.

Barkley

Bench
Returning early from injury worked so well for Darius and the Donkeys, I can't imagine why Green wouldn't want do it with Matt Scott.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Paul Green seems to know what he is doing.

3 premierships with a fourth possible says his judgement can be trusted.
So other than the 2015 NRL premiership, what are the other two?

I hope you don't mean the two with Wynnum Manly in the Queensland Cup

But I do agree that Green has stepped up as a coach this year.

Charlie124

First Grade
I said earlier this week that if Matt Scott was declared fit and able to play, you play him. Simple. The bloke is the co-captain of our club, a forward leader, and a QLD & AUS representative player. He has recent Grand Final experience and has never let us down.

However, that was all before Paul Green announced the team list today and Matt Scott's name was left off it.

I've doubted Paul Green before and he delivered my team our first premiership off the back of his decisions, i won't be making that mistake again. If he reckons Corey Jensen should be there ahead of Scott, I'm backing him 100%.

#InGreenWeTrust

Vee

First Grade
I said earlier this week that if Matt Scott was declared fit and able to play, you play him. Simple. The bloke is the co-captain of our club, a forward leader, and a QLD & AUS representative player. He has recent Grand Final experience and has never let us down.

However, that was all before Paul Green announced the team list today and Matt Scott's name was left off it.

I've doubted Paul Green before and he delivered my team our first premiership off the back of his decisions, i won't be making that mistake again. If he reckons Corey Jensen should be there ahead of Scott, I'm backing him 100%.

#InGreenWeTrust
I agree with the first bit. I think he should play, assuming he is fit, but I'm happy to take Green's decision on his record.

The reason given is interesting, not "Scott is not fit", more no reason at all - "the 17 that got us there will play". Easy to understand his loyalty but I would roll the dice. and start him.

Last Week

Bench
I get the feeling that since the finals started, he's just challenged the squad to do what they can without Scott and JT. It's a method that's worked for 3 weeks now. To bring Scott back now would be some kind of reprieve for the squad. Like they could take their foot off the pedal.

Tl;dr? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

butchmcdick

Immortal

#InGreenWeTrust

Me too

I remember arguing that we shouldn't have signed him as a coach after his exit from us as a player

Boy was I wrong

#teamgreen

beave

Coach
Same.

I was filthy they didnt sign Kevin Walters after the way Greeny exited NQ in 2000.

Very glad to eat humble shit pie.

Chimp

Bench
Excellent leadership from Green - showing absolute respect and trust in the 17 that have got them to the GF. Coming out early and backing the 17 (he'll only play if one of 17 go down this week) will give guys like Jenson a real boost and absolutely drives a winning culture.
There's a hell of a lot to like about the Cowboys and how they go about their business under Paul Green.

Latest posts