What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Head?

Is Matty Head needed above other positions that need filling

• YES

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • NO

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nugby

Juniors
Just quickly, saw the Ben Rogers signing as the most recent post on the Newcastle forum, but noticed something in the article it linked.

The Dragons had been in talks with Knights halfback Luke Walsh, who is contracted to Newcastle until the end of 2009.

But that transfer is unlikely to occur because it is understood the Dragons have lured their former playmaker, Mathew Head, back from Wests Tigers.​

http://theherald.yourguide.com.au/n...nights-sign-versatile-ben-rogers/1247542.aspx

What the hell? I thought he'd signed to the Warriors? It'd be my favourite signing for next year, that's for sure.

watatank

Coach
If he could stay injury free I would love to see him play for us. Too bad that's a really big if.

Jasdragon

Juniors
NOOOOOOO f**k!!!! Head is sooo sh*t (reminds me of willy peter's) can't even get a start for the tigers lol and is a worse defender than B.Marshal or Preston! What a dumb admin we have, we are officially the worst club for signing players!

Last edited:

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
NOOOOOOO f**k!!!! Head is sooo sh*t (reminds me of willy peter's) can't even get a start for the tigers lol and is a worse defender than B.Marshal or Preston! What a dumb admin we have, we are officially the worst club for signing players!

Yes i agree Head has got nothing.
You are better off with Hornby.
But i want to see this in the Dragons backs.

1- B.Morris
2- Knightingale
3- Cooper
4- J.Morris
5- Sailor
6- Gasnier
7- Soward.
I would give Hornby the punt.
I think that is a good lineup for you guys if all those players are fit and are able to play.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
When fit, Mat Head was fantastic to watch.

He just gets injured too much.

He won a couple games for the Tigers this year. But injuries popped up again, I wouldn't be signing him on that basis.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Yes thats like signing up Joey Johns right now. Imagine the injuries he would be getting after a couple of years out of retirement.

sting

Bench
Dragons may regain Head after Knights secure Rogers

Brad Walter and Glenn Jackson | August 19, 2008

WESTS TIGERS halfback Mathew Head has been linked with a return to St George Illawarra for next season after the Dragons yesterday lost utility Ben Rogers to Newcastle.
Rogers, who made his debut for St George Illawarra in last Friday night's win over Brisbane after joining the joint venture club mid-season from South Sydney, signed a two-year deal with the Knights.
His departure clears the way for Head to again link with the Dragons, where he played from 2003 until last season when the club released him to play in England following a spate of injuries.
Head returned to the NRL this year with the Tigers but they have opted against re-signing him and his future had appeared to be in limbo after he baulked at a move to the Warriors.
But the 26-year-old, who is considered one of the smartest playmakers in the game, has been in talks with St George Illawarra officials for some time and is believed to be close to finalising a deal with the Dragons.
Head would join Canberra forwards Michael Weyman and Neville Costigan and Melbourne back-rower Jeremy Smith as recruits for next season, while Broncos pair Tonie Carroll and Darius Boyd have also been linked to the club - although the latter now appears more likely to join the cashed-up Bulldogs.
Meanwhile, Raiders forward Tom Learoyd-Lahrs's season may be over after he was hit with a hefty dangerous throw charge by the match review committee yesterday. He is facing up to seven weeks on the sidelines after driving Newcastle prop Ben Cross into the ground head first in Sunday's 38-18 win over the Knights.
The grade-four charge could be reduced to just a five-week ban with an early guilty plea.
But even five weeks on the sidelines may be enough to draw the curtain on Learoyd-Lahrs's season, with the Raiders needing to advance to the preliminary final for the former Bronco to be available again.
Brisbane hooker Michael Ennis was also charged with a dangerous throw but avoided suspension by taking an early guilty plea for his grade-one offence in Friday night's loss to the Dragons.
Melbourne back-rower Sika Manu can do the same if he pleads guilty to a grade-one contrary conduct charge for unnecessary use of the knees in a tackle on Mark O'Meley during Friday night's win over the Sydney Roosters.
* Due to a production error, a headline in yesterday's Herald suggested Newcastle coach Brian Smith had given up on his side making the finals this season after Sunday's loss to Canberra.
The Knights are just two points out of the top eight with three games remaining and Smith believes they are still in contention for a play-off berth.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...s-secure-rogers/2008/08/18/1218911574377.html

xofstgeorge

Juniors
do our people in charge know exactly what direction we are going in or is it just impulse buying for the sake of it?

_Johnsy

Referee
You are better off with Hornby.

1- B.Morris
2- Knightingale
3- Cooper
4- J.Morris
5- Sailor
6- Gasnier
7- Soward.

I would give Hornby the punt.

I was trying to reserve judgement looking at all your other tripe, but you are clearly an inbred fuggtard.

Tanner Ave

Juniors
This is more of a gee up than that panter kid that is stalking us! We need to be moving forward not backwards, NOTHING has changed with Matty Head, great player (We all agree) but couldn't play a season of touch footy with out getting injured.

marty_dragon

Juniors
he is very injury prone ... but if he stays fit (and thats a big IF) he will definately win us games. if we are not paying him big money then why not have him in our squad??

xofstgeorge

Juniors
Are they looking at hornby as a potential centre to replace gaz?
that would leave us with 2 small halves, one fast and clever. One very clever, not so fast and injury prone. Would also be another goal kicker.

Why couldn't hornby be a class centre? i mean he has everything it takes to be one, plus he wouldn't have to worry about directing the team around the paddock, which apart from the final 40mins of fridays match- he has struggled to grasp.

perhaps something like:

1- B.Morris.
2- Nightingale.
3- Hornby.
4- Cooper.
5- Dell/Lett/Stanley
6- Soward.
7- Head.

Maybe a little weak in the halves defencively, but in attack would be an awesome display of creativity.

Latest posts