What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCleanskin

Surrogate

Juniors
I believe 7 weeks is bullsh*t. Did the judiciary justify their decision?
I don't think they take into account the technicalities of the tackle but i think is more about the perceived political fallout. We need to allay their concerns that it was just a freak accident where McKinnon wasn't sure whether to resist or roll over. This indecision caught him in an awkward angle.

We need to hilight the inconsistency of the penalty and how their decision has no basis. I'm sure there's plenty of precedents we could use to get it downgraded.

Above all, we wish McKinnon a speedy recovery.

perverse

Referee
It was a week for the tackle and 6 weeks due to the severity of the injury. Perfectly consistent with the precedent set last with with the Kade Snowden/Ray Thompson hit last year.

You can try to highlight any inconsistency you feel is there, but I think you'll find it's remarkably consistent. Severity of injury does not factor in when deciding their verdict (guilty or not guilty), but it does effect their sentence. They've been pretty black and white about this.

At this point I feel like the Storm fighting it any further is pretty disrespectful to the McKinnon family.

Surrogate

Juniors
As Storm CEO said there's no winner in this.
McClean is racked with guilt, which he shouldnt be.

Last edited:

Pugzley

At this point I feel like the Storm fighting it any further is pretty disrespectful to the McKinnon family.

273683-nrl-round-8-storm-v-raiders.jpg

It is good that injury is a deciding factor in judiciary sentences. The analogy of a drive by shooting i heard on the radio today was a good one. You spray bullets and miss the sentence is lighter, however if you hit the target fatally or to wound you will face a much tougher sentence.

Latest posts