Me and My Guide Dog...

Discussion in 'Firkin Fun Bar' started by BallAndAllTackle, Sep 13, 2017.

1. BallAndAllTackle

BallAndAllTackle Juniors

I'm legally blind and recently got a guide dog, who has already been a great help to me. I therefore feel obliged to show him and all his splendour:

[​IMG]

2. Twizzle

Twizzle The Alpha Male Staff Member

3. Life's Good

Life's Good Bench

A very cool dog indeed.
    Forgive my ignorance but can you explain how you are able to post on here with such poor levels of sight?? I am curious to understand the practical side. Thanks.

4. Bgoodorgoodatit

Bgoodorgoodatit Juniors

Good for you mate... I've got a 13 month old GSD who i can definitely say is not a great help... ha-ha.. love the not so little guy though.. Cant beat having a dog

5. AJB1102

AJB1102 Juniors

Good looking dog, mate. They're amazing creatures. They're called "man's best friend" for a reason. The way they've adapted over time to make themselves not just a handy/useful sidekick but a genuine companion as well is pretty much unprecedented. Smart f**kers. I imagine that 4 legged legend has opened up the world a bit more for you.

I got my first dog at 6 a little silky terrier, he was my best mate for 17yrs. No dog for a bit after that until my grandfather passed then I took on his 18mth old border collie which was a massive handful but so worth it. Unfortunately poor bugger got riddled with cancer and was gone in a month at about 5.

Now I got a complete turd of a German sheppard who is 4 in a couple months. Knows who is boss but is relentless in trying to control the joint and the people in it. I swear he thinks we live in war torn Baghdad or something. In his ideal world me and everyone I know is holed up in a room with him guarding the door with an unlimited supply of deli meats.

6. BallAndAllTackle

BallAndAllTackle Juniors

Thanks, and good question. I use a combination of screen-reader and magnification software to help with things like forums. Its not perfect, but it usually gets the job done.

On a less happy note, I've been struggling with his (and my) medical costs lately, in part due to the NDIS not really providing good coverage, alas. Started a gofundme a few weeks back to try and help ease the strain: