What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Media in France

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Hey guys, I was reading French union club side USAP's forum, they were saying the Catalans got no mention at all in the national media for their win over HFC in the CC, is this true?

If it is, that is truly the most pathetic thing a country could do to you besides anything outside of war, here is a bunch of local lads, playing, spilling blood, making their fans and family proud, growing up in one of the hardest sports on Earth, yet the national media ignore them, whats the go?

They are 80 mins away from making history, if they make the final, it will be the first time anyone outside of England has made it in 112 years, it will be the first time a french based team has made it and it will be the first time a side choc full of french players has made it to the final.

It's history.

There could be up to 6-20 million fans in England alone who watch this game with 90,000 in attendance, yet the French media is going to ignore them, how bloody sad is that?

Or will the media jump on it if they make it and get the band wagon rolling only to be let down by a loss?

I think the RFL need to do something about this, it's the equivalent of the New Zealand Warriors winning the NRL GF and no one in New Zealand knows because the media over there has a blackout on Rugby League.

I've never heard of any other main stream sport being treated like this, it's an insult to all those guys bashing the hell out of themselves for French pride each week, I shake my head, not even the most cruel of Union fans would think it fair.

Is anything being reported at all guys?

Or is it all regional?

My only hope is if they do make it, the BBC and TV stations in Aus and NZ report it, that way, the French might see it as news worthy, still, why should it be up to everyone else to report on such a history making feat, the French should be doing this.

French media, hang your heads in shame.

Any news from you French-Catalan based fans?

teamGB

Juniors
to be honest mate the english media is no better..... there is nothing ever mentioned about rl in general. maybe a coloumn a day in some obscure place in the paper...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
True, but you do get media attention when you deserve it.

Just this morning on Sky news from England, I was surprised to see a really short item on the France-GBI test match later this month, not much, but for sky, a lot, you see, out here, when I watch sky news, RL hardly ever gets mentioned, and every time they go to, our stations go to a bloody commercial break. :roll:

If GBI beat Aus in a final, it would be first off the cab on BBC because it's such a long time since it happened, they'd jump on it, yet the same can't be said for France.

Plus the media is a little better in England for RL, at least Quins gets all games covered by radio, France gets nothing.

Only a little better though ;-)