What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BossleyPanther

Juniors
What's everyone's opinion on Garner, should he be re-signed?
I think he adds value not so expensive and versatile. Good bench player or after Sorenson retires can take his spot.

1. Edwards
Left 2. May
3. Tago
11. Garner
Right 4. Alamoti
5. To'o
6. Schneider (like to see Laurie though)
7. Cleary
8. Smith
9. Kenny
10. Leota
Lock 13 Yeo
14 Henry
15 Geyer (not much choice)

Hooked

Juniors
I think he adds value not so expensive and versatile. Good bench player or after Sorenson retires can take his spot.

1. Edwards
Left 2. May
3. Tago
11. Garner
Right 4. Alamoti
5. To'o
7. Cleary
8. Smith
9. Kenny
10. Leota
Lock 13 Yeo
14 Henry

I think Garner should be re-signed.
I have my doubts on whether Geyer will be able to kick on. Plus Sorro picking up a few injuries this year has me concerned.

MugaB

Coach

1. Edwards
Left 2. May
3. Tago
11. Garner
Right 4. Alamoti
5. To'o
7. Cleary
8. Smith
9. Kenny
10. Leota
Lock 13 Yeo
14 Henry
As much as it pains me to admit it, he was pretty solid last night, even after I generally wasn't keen on him, and since hosking has left for the Raiders, Garner role expanded moreso into our JaemonSalson utility hole plugger...
To me personally he is a better fit for the bench
1.Edwards
2.Alamotti
3.Tago
4.May
5.To"o
6.Cleary
7.Schneider
8.Leota
9.Kenny
10.Smith
11.Sorronsen
12.Martin
13.Yeo

14.Sommerton
15.Henry
16.Garner
17.Riki (spots open really, or get another middle off the market)

*Mav was looking owned out there last night, he was still getting back up, but very pedestrian. Some of his runs didn't bend the line, and he was getting creamed everytime he took a hit up, hopefully he gets used to it, coz it was looking like Martin Lang sort of stuff.
*Laurie isn't getting the minutes I hoped to show case what he can do, feel like unless there is a real proper fk off broken leg or something serious, he won't get on at all... Ivan probably doesn't trust him or even then he would rather shift Martin, Garner etc around and still he would sit on the pine. Daine musta kicked his pet dog or something.
*Cole looks the goods but seems to be very insular, I don't think he is utility material, meaning he won't be able play anything other than 5/8th, where as Tito, may, tago, alamotti seem to slot in several positions, maybe a stint at hooker like what jerome did when he started, might get him more open than just the one out runs

Last edited:

PennyPanthers81

Juniors

1. Edwards
Left 2. May
3. Tago
11. Garner
Right 4. Alamoti
5. To'o
7. Cleary
8. Smith
9. Kenny
10. Leota
Lock 13 Yeo
14 Henry
I've always liked Garner. He's great at finding a hole and he's solid in defence. A hard dude to tackle. I definitely think he should be resigned, especially as he's probably on a pretty cheap contract comparative to the rest of the side.

maple_69

Bench
Without a signing I've got the below. I think Garner is the depth option if we do bring in a marquee middle/edge forward though. Obviously Tago going to the edge/back cover role on 50 minutes a game might be not at all in the plan.

Edwards, May, McLean, Alamoti, To'o, Cole, Cleary, Smith, Kenny, Leota, Garner, Martin, Yeo, Sommerton, Henry, Sorenson, Tago

Frankus

Juniors
Without a signing I've got the below. I think Garner is the depth option if we do bring in a marquee middle/edge forward though. Obviously Tago going to the edge/back cover role on 50 minutes a game might be not at all in the plan.

Edwards, May, McLean, Alamoti, To'o, Cole, Cleary, Smith, Kenny, Leota, Garner, Martin, Yeo, Sommerton, Henry, Sorenson, Tago
You don't put an 800k+ per year signing on the bench.

BossleyPanther

Juniors

Unfortunely I do not rate Mclean reminds me of Daniela

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Unfortunely I do not rate Mclean reminds me of Daniela

Daniela has the misfortune to come through when 'Elliott the idiot' was here. One ponders, like others, what potential he could have reached if he came through the system today with this team.

In my limited viewing of Jesse, he is far from the finished product. Defence needs improvement.

Plenty of people on here rate Casey as the better of the two. That may well turn out to be the case.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Daniela has the misfortune to come through when 'Elliott the idiot' was here. One ponders, like others, what potential he could have reached if he came through the system today with this team.

In my limited viewing of Jesse, he is far from the finished product. Defence needs improvement.

Plenty of people on here rate Casey as the better of the two. That may well turn out to be the case.
I havent seen Casey play, If Daniela was good he would have made it at another club.