What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne can get farked!

Hollywood

Juniors
They really do piss me off the Storm........probably my most hated team.

First of all they do really do have crucial decisions go their away against us constanttly, I think we are jinxed against them. How can anybody say today that the first Melbourne try was not offiside, the winger who turned the ball back inside was CLEARLY in front of the kicker, crucial start to the game. Yet Sterlo and co claims he is onside....utter crap!

Also the bounce of the ball seems to favour them against us, that try where it came off the shoulder of the runner, again took the moment away at a key point. We did have our chances tho and didn't capitalise enough, while paying for some poor defensive errors too.

Really thought we would stick it to them today.....but crucial things seem to conspire against us constantly against them. Must be hoodoo related!!

What annoys me the most about Melbourne though, I have never liked that everyone lauds what an awesome side they are. The game will never prosper in Melbourne, they basically spoon fed to make them succesful. They really don't have to put in much work......what about those clubs that support their junior base and spend their time working hard at keeping the game alive, while Melbourne are hand fed players from traditional states that produce the talent, only to lose them to a state that will never take league to its heart. Melbourne are basically a Qld de-facto side, why does a another club based in Qld not get to benefit from the talent produced?. Can we ever see a Victorian based player emerge?..........

It doesn't belong in Melbourne, and they really aren't a Melbourne representative side....no one will ever change my mind on this, and I absolutely detest the bastards...and the cocky attitude that comes with it, with no right to be proud of their locally produced endevours. Will be a blight on the game if they ever win a premiership again.

Have a feeling karma will bring us through against them in the finals.....and what a sweet day that would be

Juniors
wanker, absolute wanker, wake up dickhead, you got done and your being a sore loser, pull your finger out, your a skidmark on all other passionate and fair dragons supporters that will cop a loss on the chin, but like most someone needs a reason to lose to melbourne, its never that they simply just get out played and out enthused, goose

BWNB

First Grade
i love the storm, TBH they are a very good side to watch. Even enjoyed watching them defend against us. I havnt seen much better.

Hollywood

Juniors
Ok, dickhead......to use your metophors and to stoop to your level

Let's get a couple of things straight:

1. Why do you think you have the right to personally insult me by using words like wanker, dickhead and goose? over my opinion on Melbourne and league

2. Melbourne are a class team that are entitled to be favourites, it was a good game and they outclassed the Dragons in many areas...I doubt we have the game to beat Melbourne on that showing...you can call my comments 'sore loser' if you like or whatever you want. I support my stance on the hoodoo and my philosiphy about Melbourne's league status

3. Don't come here and try to brand me a non fair Dragon fan, in fact don't associate with us at all, you probably know nothing about the emotion, value or tradition of the Big red V!! Dragons fans probably don't want your opinion at all.....

4. Dont jump on the Dragons forum if you can't cop what you read and resist from launching personal attacks. Or would you prefer me to go and write this on the Melbourne forum, to be a complete goose and disrespectful

5. You have probably summed up the attitude of a typical Melbourne fan, so you have really not done yourself any enhancement of your teams reputation by your reply....to stoop to your level again

Ice777

Bench
Hollywood said:
Or would you prefer me to go and write this on the Melbourne forum, to be a complete goose.

Why the hell not go there to be a complete goose? You've done it in your own forum so you might as well make it 2 from 2 :lol:

What a load of nonsense.

First of all they do really do have crucial decisions go their away against us constanttly, I think we are jinxed against them. How can anybody say today that the first Melbourne try was not offiside, the winger who turned the ball back inside was CLEARLY in front of the kicker, crucial start to the game. Yet Sterlo and co claims he is onside....utter crap!

Yes it was offside.

As far as the ch9 commentators go they interpret the benefit of the doubt rule as "close enough is good enough". They're morons.

What annoys me the most about Melbourne though, I have never liked that everyone lauds what an awesome side they are. The game will never prosper in Melbourne, they basically spoon fed to make them succesful. They really don't have to put in much work......what about those clubs that support their junior base and spend their time working hard at keeping the game alive, while Melbourne are hand fed players from traditional states that produce the talent, only to lose them to a state that will never take league to its heart.

Who is it that hand feeds them players? No one.

And I don't remember them in recent times buying an established big name player. Seems to me they picked up blokes like Orford, Kimmorely, Slater ect who went on and got their reputation playing at Melbourne.

Melbourne are basically a Qld de-facto side, why does a another club based in Qld not get to benefit from the talent produced?. Can we ever see a Victorian based player emerge?..........

There's no shortage of NRL standard Queenslanders and Queensland has always exported talent South.

It doesn't belong in Melbourne, and they really aren't a Melbourne representative side....no one will ever change my mind on this, and I absolutely detest the bastards...and the cocky attitude that comes with it, with no right to be proud of their locally produced endevours. Will be a blight on the game if they ever win a premiership again.
I'm as a passionate anti-expansionist as any, and a unrepentant Sydney-centric. However why only objection to Melbourne's presence is their sh*t name and the existence of purple on their playing strip, leave alone the lighting bolts.

Corkie292

Juniors
At the end of the day Hollywood, the Turner decision and the Hoffman decision didn't cost us the game. Ashton Sim's knock on just before half time, Poor defence on Inglis and not playing the frigging whistle with the Hoffman try cost us. In addition to this, Goz had an off day with the boot where as Smith kicked em from everywhere. Sooner or later we've got to realise that if we are indeed gonna compete with the Dogs and The Storms of this comp that we've gotta stop playing dumb football which we were guilty of today. We continue to score sensational tries but undo it all by coughing up the ball at crucial times or letting a Three Quarter (Inglis) bump off a Front Rower (Ryles) for example. The only thing that annoys me about Melbourne and Hampstead's performance today was the continual latitude they are given in slowing up the play the ball. Even the most ardent Melbourne supporter would have to concede that they got away with murder today. Not the end of the world Dragons fans, we've just gotta play smarter, we've proved that we can score points against the best of em but unfortunately we let them score than us !

Corkie292

Juniors
At the end of the day Hollywood, the Turner decision and the Hoffman decision didn't cost us the game. Ashton Sim's knock on just before half time, Poor defence on Inglis and not playing the frigging whistle with the Hoffman try cost us. In addition to this, Goz had an off day with the boot where as Smith kicked em from everywhere. Sooner or later we've got to realise that if we are indeed gonna compete with the Dogs and The Storms of this comp that we've gotta stop playing dumb football which we were guilty of today. We continue to score sensational tries but undo it all by coughing up the ball at crucial times or letting a Three Quarter (Inglis) bump off a Front Rower (Ryles) for example. The only thing that annoys me about Melbourne and Hampstead's performance today was the continual latitude they are given in slowing up the play the ball. Even the most ardent Melbourne supporter would have to concede that they got away with murder today. Not the end of the world Dragons fans, we've just gotta play smarter, we've proved that we can score points against the best of em but unfortunately we let them score than us !

Tom Shines

First Grade
Hollywood said:
Also the bounce of the ball seems to favour them against us,
What, even physics has it in for the Dragons? :lol:

Hollywood said:
Have a feeling karma will bring us through against them in the finals.....and what a sweet day that would be
When the Dragons choke, yet again...

Notam

Juniors
No point shifting the blame when clearly it was our own fault. Imagine the scoreline if we didn't have Head...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Melbourne were the better team and punished us for mistakes made.

Hollywood is entitled to his opinion. Doesn't mean we have to agree, but there's no rules against venting.

Nugby

Juniors
What, even physics has it in for the Dragons? :lol:

How many balls bounced freakishly for Smith! Either physics has it in for us or that man is bloody telekinetic! :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lol Nugby! It could be the fact that you guys did not play to the whistle in 1 try, could not tackle Ingliss when there was more than 1 defender and dropped the ball stone cold after a kickoff to grant Melbourne another try!

Hutty1986

Immortal
lockyno1 said:
Lol Nugby! It could be the fact that you guys did not play to the whistle in 1 try, could not tackle Ingliss when there was more than 1 defender and dropped the ball stone cold after a kickoff to grant Melbourne another try!

Exactly.. Bloody schoolboy stuff some of it and just unacceptable

The trip to Parra stadium on Saturday night will be a tough one

jc155776

Coach
Are some of you serious about Turner being offside for the first try? Its from the back foot. Precedent was set with a guy named Hornby if I remember correctly...

All in all you were outclassed by a team on fire and your own stupid mistaks cost the game. Saints have lost the killer edge they have had of past somehow.

Latest posts