What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members Only Presentation

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Every club is or should be hammering memberships as a steady income stream.

It is absolutely astounding the Bulldogs have ONLY 650 members. Financially that is an abject disaster. And they are one of the bigger profile clubs. Yes the leagues club has far more and they get income through them but that we are told daily is changing VERY rapidly.

Souths have it as part of JT's contract(he must show an increased membership regardless of where they finish).

With leagues clubs struggling all clubs have seen and want an AFL style supporter base and income stream from memberships.
With 20000- 30000+ members all giving a club cash before a ball is kicked the AFL is the envy of all sports.

I think the sharks are doing the right thing by giving members special priverlages and enticing people to become members or pre pay if you like so the club is not scratching all season without any idea of where their income is coming from.

I think you will find a much wider range/ availability of packages over the coming years as the club finds out more about what the supporters want.

Put up or shut up.
Support is about $, like it or not, that strength is based on sponsorship and membership. Most of the country(AFL dominated parts) have known this and accepted it for decades.

Survival will depend on it whether you like it or not.

Boatharbour

Juniors
membership drives are long overdue
for our club and others in the nrl. it is
a great income stream as chondy says
our club is bringing in new members
that otherwise were not signed up.The
big difference being here though is
that all these new members do not
get a vote.Is that really membership
of a club or buying a fan package ?

Boatharbour

Juniors
I'm sorry if I got it wrong Blacky.If
a fan buys the $55 lounge members
package they get to vote on the leagues
and football club elections ?My mistake
if they do.

U.K SHARK

Juniors
I live in the U.K and am lucky to see one live game a year, but i still renew my membership for both the leagues and football clubs as i feel it is my duty as sharks fan!

spider

Coach
if any package offered by the club provides membership in the form of football/Leagues club - then they have the ability to vote

That's the question. Does a season ticket holder, who is now a called member, also get voting rights ? Certainly not to the Leagues club, and as the Football club membership is a separate fee, my money is on you not being a football club member either.

coolumsharkie

Referee
U.K SHARK said:
I live in the U.K and am lucky to see one live game a year, but i still renew my membership for both the leagues and football clubs as i feel it is my duty as sharks fan!

Then your a f**kin champion!!

Same here.

spider

Coach
Bastard Squad said:
That's the question. Does a season ticket holder, who is now a called member, also get voting rights ? Certainly not to the Leagues club, and as the Football club membership is a separate fee, my money is on you not being a football club member either.
i wouldnt neccessarily call a season seat holder a member

the corporate packages on the sharks site state 'Leagues membership' is included

could not find the 'lounge club' package though

as for voting, becuase one board resides both entities - if you are a member of either, you can vote

My season ticket says Member 08, and I think all the ticket packages make you a member.

We'll have to find out about the voting rights, I'll guess none.

spider said:
general ticketing packages do not list club membership as inclusive

http://www.sharks.com.au/index.php?id=711

where as the corporate packages do

http://www.sharks.com.au/index.php?id=461

they do use the word 'member' quite loosely throughout the ticketing packages

also with the season ticket/seat packages, this will get you into the players presentation even if you are not a club member

I think we now have 3 categories.

* Football club member with voting rights
* Leagues club member with voting rights
* General Member with no voting rights, and the bulk of the new membership falls into this category which includes the official supporters club and pre-purchaesd ticket holders in the various packages etc.

spider

Coach
Bastard Squad said:
I think we now have 3 categories.

* Football club member with voting rights
* Leagues club member with voting rights
* General Member with no voting rights, and the bulk of the new membership falls into this category which includes the official supporters club and pre-purchaesd ticket holders in the various packages etc.
yeah to a point

as i mentioned, they use the word 'member' very loosely on the ticketing packages

Boatharbour

Juniors
Squady you seem to have reflected
the way I summed it up when reading
it myself very well.a huge push for
new members and new revenue from
those members without giving them
the privelage of voting and having a
say in return.the football club is still
operating as a membership is it not ?
why then not simple include football
club membership at $20 a year on top
of all the season ticket options?

shadowboxer

First Grade
it is a shame, but i remember last year ricky got that dude thrown out, that was pretty funny. I always remember during ropers tenure, being in there after the cows flogged us and certain board members were hanging around drinking crownies and having a great old laugh. That tore it for me. It is a some what pointless exercise but well catered for the kids or those with an axe to grind. It will be interesting to see how the drunken population take it.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Anything to protect Barry hey. It will stop the abuse so people will be more cautious of yelling abuse imo. Those that yell abuse will then have to sacrifice their club membership. So much for a democracy pffft

Frenzy.

Immortal
newman said:
This is a compromise between Ricky and the Club.

Ricky has made it VERY clear that he dislikes the presentations and tried to get rid of em alltogether.

The club sees them as a vital cultural element of the Sharks, and promised to reach a compromise that would control the 'lunatic' element. This is our compromise and will hopefully see an end to some of the poor behaivour (which I myslef have been an exponent of in the past) that has plagued these unique events.

Well I'm with Ricky on it. Not that this will be a surprise to anyone as you all know I see the club's softcock culture as one main reason we are........well.......soft!

The presentation isn't for kids anyway. It's for linament sniffing, window licking, man loving supporters clubs and for Baz to listen to the sound of his own voice.

Get rid of it.

Latest posts