What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Fitness Round -Nicho Hynes supporting recovery of Braydon Trindall, rough return date set for fallen playmaker

shadowboxer

First Grade
You know you didn't make a single post in the thread I was referring to, right? HAHAHAHA
Pretty sure I didn’t comment - but happy to be corrected: Not bragging, just over getting up in arms when these things happen… we have all seen plenty from the club over time
It was like that loss to West Tigers - just move onto next week.
In life, there is always silver lining.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Pretty sure I didn’t comment - but happy to be corrected: Not bragging, just over getting up in arms when these things happen… we have all seen plenty from the club over time
It was like that loss to West Tigers - just move onto next week.
In life, there is always silver lining.
This.

Sharks fans have been through a lot and seen a lot and then it was named and given life as "cronullafication"

Well fugg that victim mentality, woe is me shit. It's poison

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
Does Buzz still sit with the regular folk in the ET stand? I haven't seen him in ages. I saw him a couple of times chatting to his mates at the printmedia desk. Last local game I heard him chatting to the ref before the game on SportsEars

yep still sits up there

sladden road

Juniors
Be a merkin. Name and shame as far as I give a fugg. Some comments made over certain recent events have been far to reactive, stigmatic, judgemental and even racist (which was removed)

Then so many wanted to add 2+2 and make 87 over Toby being injured, again making judgements based on sweet fugg all.

So many self uppercuts due from the last couple weeks.
Yes Doc.
There’s a few who would have had the fella, in his kangaroo cloth holding a spear, the “antipodes beauty”, hung drawn and quartered.
Nico, knows.
When a person is down, they need a person, not a merkin.
If the alleged offence was of a horrendous nature ie said person killed a person
Whilst behind the wheel drunk.then different story . (There was a lot of overreaction in here.TT blew over on his way to training after doing some blow…). Stupid..yes. Fatal..thankfully not..Alcho junkie useless prick ..depends on your bias..but IMO absolutely f**king not.
And the sky still don’t cave in.He still may not make it back if DA kills it,
Yet he still has support.
Play on people and live in the real world..
Stake, Griffilo, my self and anyone else going thru real shit excused. Bags and his cohort ..grow up.Doc..love ya work, for decades !

DJDL

Bench
You’d think he was searched after testing positive. He’s under no charges for possession so he was clearly not holding.

I feel for anyone who’s felt the effects of alcohol/drug related traffic incidents, but to paint him as an out of control alcoholic/junkie is way OTT IMHO.

In all likelihood the guy was out in the piss until maybe 3am.
He was then dumb enough to get behind the wheel of a car the next morning not realising how pissed he still was. He’s 24 ffs. Hands up anyone who did something similar at that age. I know I did. Countless times.

Given he was not holding as well, it’s highly likely he was just stupid enough, when pissed out of his head, to schnarf a couple of lines that were offered to him.

Bad choices aplenty. But no reason he should be hung out to dry.

blue bags

First Grade
Tricks n Trindall behaviour is out of control
And obviously very lucky boy no one was affected by his very disappointing behaviour
That's everyone involved in the NRL
Pick up himself up
From Rock bottom
Then Trickey can
Play a few wins in October 😉
Tricks n Trindall roll model
For the future

Last edited:

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Tricks n Trindall behaviour is out of control
And obviously very lucky boy no one was affected by his very disappointing behaviour
That's everyone involved in the NRL
Pick up himself up
From Rock bottom
Then Trickey can
Play a few wins in October 😉
Tricks n Trindall roll model
For the future
FMD....one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever read. Clearly you shouldn't be judging Tricky or anyone else's alleged shortcomings when under the influence.

DJDL

Bench
Surely no one said he was an out of control junkie.

Just that the act was incredibly stupid and most certainly could have had dire consequences. At which point, the ramifications would have been massive.

Thankfully that did not occur, does not make it any less stupid.

No one's said it outright, but it's been heavily implied by a few with their reactionary posts.

As you said, thankfully no one was seriously hurt.
I think we should also be thankful he was caught and is learning a serious life lesson before anything does happen.
Hopefully he takes it for what it is and comes out of it a stronger, and better, person.

I'm old, please don't expect me to remember that. :D
Maybe sometime in the mid '90s?

EDIT: It was April 2009.
Banned Cronulla halfback Brett Seymour last night made a humble apology to Sharks supporters - not to mention his girlfriend - for the drunken antics that resulted in a two-match suspension and a $20,000 fine.

Just minutes before his team took to the field for their first match since his ban - following the release of footage that showed him drunk in Cronulla mall in the early hours of last Monday morning - Seymour last night made the surprise public statement in a bid to gain "closure" from the dramas of the past week.

"I'd just like to apologise to all the sponsors, all the fans out here, my family and my girlfriend especially," Seymour told the crowd, which applauded him loudly. "This has been a tough week … and I just look forward to getting back on the paddock in a couple of weeks and repaying the faith of you guys."

Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia said he asked Seymour if he would apologise last Saturday night.

"I gave him the option of doing it," Zappia said. "It wasn't forced on him. But he said he would like to. I think it's terrific that he's accepted responsibility and taken the opportunity to apologise to the fans and the sponsors. I think this will bring a bit of closure to it.

"He's a good club man and he's well respected by his teammates. Credit to him."