What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Health

Stevie

Bench
I think I shared a while back me going through a dark spot. No reason. Life is good, healthy and privileged. Doesn’t matter.
Being vulnerable and asking for help saves lives. Don’t be proud, just reach out.
Because think of that guy in that interview. He didn’t know him well but do you not think he’d not have stopped his life to do anything in his power to help someone, of course.
Often you can’t see it. But you are very loved.

Stevie

Bench
Side note. Something that was suggested to me recently which made me think. As I am THE most judgemental merkin ever.

Anyway. The idea was as simple as this. The next time you see someone that does your head in, or hear something.

Challenge yourself to say this. “They are doing their best. Good luck to them.”

It's hard, but a powerful thing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Truth. Sometimes I can't turn off my work brain.

I've been self employed since my 20s and used to working long hours under stress and is a merkin to deal with but its the choice I made

been to many business and self improvement seminars and courses and blah blah blah

what works for me is the old adage of the crow who tried to drink from the bucket of water which was too low, so he displaced the water with stones till the bucket overflowed

so to get the "work brain switched off" I simply replace those thoughts with happy thoughts or go to my happy place or whatever the f**k you want to call it, but it works for me for the majority of the time

Stevie

Bench
I've been self employed since my 20s and used to working long hours under stress and is a merkin to deal with but its the choice I made

been to many business and self improvement seminars and courses and blah blah blah

what works for me is the old adage of the crow who tried to drink from the bucket of water which was too low, so he displaced the water with stones till the bucket overflowed

so to get the "work brain switched off" I simply replace those thoughts with happy thoughts or go to my happy place or whatever the f**k you want to call it, but it works for me for the majority of the time
Yeah I do that too. Definitely good to think about your “happy place”.

Tbh I think the reason I like coming in here is a “forum” is such an old fashioned way to connect. I actually love it!