What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MERRIN ON THE OUTER ????

dungay dragon

Juniors
Its been a bad enough year for Trent Merrin both on and off the field this year but word filtering about that the former Dragon is being shopped around to other Clubs..!! Would seem odd as he recently signed long term but seriously what are contracts worth these days ..Source was via The Lurker but ...where's there smoke there's fire...
The Panthers app are still struggling to get under the cap for 2018 and have some outstanding Juniors coming through along with attempting to hold onto Cleary and Campbell Gillard long term ..

JDHD

Juniors
I wouldn't take him. Who leaves to accomodate him? Graham? Vaughan? De Belin? Frizell? Ah Mau? Sims? Merrin looked fat, slow and disinterested this year (incidentally, Sam Thaiday looked exactly the same when Griffin was his coach) and if that's the Merrin we're going to get, it's a big no from me.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I wouldn't take him. Who leaves to accomodate him? Graham? Vaughan? De Belin? Frizell? Ah Mau? Sims? Merrin looked fat, slow and disinterested this year (incidentally, Sam Thaiday looked exactly the same when Griffin was his coach) and if that's the Merrin we're going to get, it's a big no from me.

So true JDHD, both parties have moved on.

At the time Merrin left, he was a SOO and Australian rep and the Pennies were premiership contenders so, he backed himself and thought he was treated poorly by the Dragons.

I'm not a big fan of offering or relying on promises given however, you can only negotiate a figure at that time and if he doesn't stay at Penrith, he will find other club.

TruSaint

Referee
Next!

He moved on to " greener pastures", with state of the art facilities and a solid "5" year plan lol.

Dont care about his personal life ( thats his business), , but he has gone downhill since leaving. Wouldnt make it in our pack with the $$ he thinks he's worth.

Have heard the same as the OP, that he is on the outer .

dungay dragon

Juniors
Hasnt lived up to his own hype at Penrith,,,Getting paid big dollars to be the village idiot in the sheds when they win the odd game :rolleyes::rolleyes:....The Pennies appear a very clicky mob ..Very much juniors based where their successful junior sides have progressed all the way to NRL and very few outsiders have made the successful transition..Perhaps the knights may have a nibble or the Sharks who have a habit of picking up our cast offs ....
Great piece on Lomax in the Tele today ...What a refreshing attitude..Thats what we are looking for ;);)

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Next!

He moved on to " greener pastures", with state of the art facilities and a solid "5" year plan lol.

Dont care about his personal life ( thats his business), , but he has gone downhill since leaving. Wouldnt make it in our pack with the $$ he thinks he's worth.

Next!

True
was it 5 years or 10.
Lol

Drag Queen

Bench
Care factor zero.

Nobody gets in the way of my JDB man crush. Not Merrin, not anyone.

Maybe taumololo.
Have to say I had a mad Merrin crush a few years ago when introduced in the Gong Mall by a current player. He was with Jake Marketo, and he shook my hand and said my name is Trent. All I could say was "I know" I've never lived it down with my fambam haha. Then Jakey Marketo shook my hand and I didn't know who he was. You'll have to excuse me because I've just attended another pre-Xmas lunch. Cheap drunk :D

hewi

Bench
I’d make a call that living at the foot of the mountains instead of on the coast plus all the travel has not been a good call. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and il bet he wishes he’d taken that offer to become the highest paid forward in the Dragons history!!!!

possm

Coach
The obvious player to let go is Thompson. I year left and was ready to leave if Manly could get their act together.