What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal

Once Dead

Bench
Well if it wasn't dead it was on its deathbed!! :lol:

But yes it is experiencing a rebirth.

Even Testament had started to go a bit death metal - which works for me - but the new one is true thrash again and f**king superb too.

I had one of those Wow moments when I put it on.

Sydraider gets very upset if you insult thrash Impellitteri ... :shock:

Haha, he must be a THRASH TIL' DEATH man.

Btw-it's not just the old guys picking the thrash baton up again......watch a swathe of bands like Warbringer fly the thrash flag to the max........unfortunately as we've seen many times before with different trends this will result in many crap bands masquerading as thrash bands.

sydraider

First Grade
LMAO @ warbinger

This is what i dont get with metal, Avenged sevenfold are awesome, great song structure, yet most bangers will be dumbasses and listen to the opinion of some stoned out bitch and miss outon some great music

Once Dead

Bench
LMAO @ warbinger

This is what i dont get with metal, Avenged sevenfold are awesome, great song structure, yet most bangers will be dumbasses and listen to the opinion of some stoned out bitch and miss outon some great music

Haha, while there are a lot of good bands who aren't 'metal'......there will be many / are many masquerading as anything to capitalise on the newest trend e.g. lame metalcore bands that never did anything....metal fans don't like posers.....you know that, plus Avenged Sevenfold were one of metalcore breed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I have got to get a copy of "Korven Kuningas". Dead set - been listening to "Voice Of The Wilderness" non-stop for days and I can't get over just how brilliant Korpiklaani are.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I have got to get a copy of "Korven Kuningas". Dead set - been listening to "Voice Of The Wilderness" non-stop for days and I can't get over just how brilliant Korpiklaani are.

'Tales Along This Road' is probably my fave... Haven't got the new new one yet... Also you'd probably want to pick up the old albums by Shaman (Korpiklaani's previous name).

But alas, I'll be seeing them live again in a matter of weeks, and they truly kick arse live.... Suckers... :D

Eelectrica

Referee
Just googled Korpiklaani and gave the song Keep galloping a listen.
Not bad, very catchy, kinda stuck in my head now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
'Tales Along This Road' is probably my fave... Haven't got the new new one yet... Also you'd probably want to pick up the old albums by Shaman (Korpiklaani's previous name).

But alas, I'll be seeing them live again in a matter of weeks, and they truly kick arse live.... Suckers... :D

I'll definitely have to check it out. I am hooked.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Seemed to be a few fans of these bands here. I'll be at Meshuggah, probably not Opeth, hate the Big Top.

MESHUGGAH
TICKETS ON SALE 9AM FRIDAY 23rd MAY
Fri 10th Oct Transmission Auckland All Ages
Sun 12th Oct Arena Brisbane 18+
Mon 13th Oct Roundhouse Sydney All Ages
Tue 14th Oct HQ Adelaide 18+
Wed 15th Oct Palace Theatre (formerly Metro) Melbourne 18+
Thu 16th Oct Capitol Perth 18+

OPETH
Tickets for all dates on sale Fri May 16
SEPTEMBER 2008
Tuesday 2nd - PERTH, METRO CITY.
Thursday 4th - ADELAIDE, THEBARTON THEATRE (LIC/AA)
Friday 5th - MELBOURNE, PALACE THEATRE
Saturday 6th - SYDNEY, THE BIG TOP (LIC/AA)
Sunday 7th - BRISBANE, THE ARENA (LIC/AA)

sydraider

First Grade
We should make a night of it Eel.

You, me Hev, and perhaps drag Ron along to a heavy gig? lol

Eelectrica

Referee
We should make a night of it Eel.

You, me Hev, and perhaps drag Ron along to a heavy gig? lol
Love too, but I'm a Gold Coaster, I'll be at the Brisbane show.
Sadly their's no way I could get time off work to travel to Sydney either.
Sorry.