What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Clarke - imposter

Well for starters Hodge was an injury replacement and he played the rest of the series being a bunny to the South African quicks and failed in the other 4 innings.

OMG god he failed in 4 innings.Seems pretty tame compared to Hussey failing for 2 years and the current line up failing 4 tests thus far.

beads6

First Grade
What, calling Symonds in and sacking him from the side for going fishing instead of training isn't a Captaincy trait? I bet Punter wouldn't have done that. Some of the old bones might not like Pup for that reason, but the young players would follow him wherever he led. If the older guys don't like it then retirement is only a team selection meeting away.

Well in champ, nothing but truth in your post. The Clarke hate is all generated by the media and tall poppy syndrome. Mainly Victorians dreaming of Cameron White as captain also.

Well in champ, nothing but truth in your post. The Clarke hate is all generated by the media and tall poppy syndrome. Mainly Victorians dreaming of Cameron White as captain also.

Im from NSW and I believe White is a deadset better option than Clarke or any other contender for that matter.He has been Captain of his state since he was aged 20,won countless titles in all forms of the game,and there is no baggage with him.We would lose nothing by giving him the gig.

beads6

First Grade
Im from NSW and I believe White is a deadset better option than Clarke or any other contender for that matter.He has been Captain of his state since he was aged 20,won countless titles in all forms of the game,and there is no baggage with him.We would lose nothing by giving him the gig.

He won countless titles with the best team in domestic cricket by a long way. He also can't bat and doesn't deserve to be in the test team. You pick the best team you have then pick a captain.

He won countless titles with the best team in domestic cricket by a long way. He also can't bat and doesn't deserve to be in the test team. You pick the best team you have then pick a captain.

He cant bat,well that will do me.We then, he is not on his own there,I can name about 6 of our current line up that cannot bat.

beads6

First Grade
I don't see White coming into the team an improving the batting line up. He would need to bat 6 and IMO Steve Smith is a much better version of White.

I don't see White coming into the team an improving the batting line up. He would need to bat 6 and IMO Steve Smith is a much better version of White.

Agreed out of the bowling department,but White is definately the better bet with the bat.

beads6

First Grade

Agreed out of the bowling department,but White is definately the better bet with the bat.

Only takes one quick look at Smith's stats as a 21 yr old to know that it isn't true. Smith has a lot of improving to do as well.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he doesn't have a basic forward defensive shot which is why he cant play the longer version of the game,

he's only good in the limited over games where he has to hit through the line of the ball, its what he does best

Coaster

Bench
There is a difference between Captaincy traits and just being a d##k.
These blokes that lost today are an Australian side. We used to have Australian team.

They liked each other, and would fight for each other, they enjoyed having a beer together and as men they deserved to have a few. I dunno if this crop of blokes even talk to each other outside of the game, I couldn't imagine it.

Evenflow

Bench
Well for starters Hodge was an injury replacement and he played the rest of the series being a bunny to the South African quicks and failed in the other 4 innings.

I notice how you conveniently stop it a 4 innings when he made 67 in the 5th LOL But let's use your rationale with Phil Hughes, after his 2 tons, he failed in his next 8 innings, made 86 against NZ which lets face it even you could probably do and has then proceeded to fail in his last 4 innings after that. So that makes 12 failures out of his last 14 innings yet you still have most of the deluded fools around here saying he should keep his spot.....and that's also on top of pathetic Shield form this season! That'll just about do me :lol:

Hughes's test batting graph:

2vvjmgw.png

Hodge's test batting graph:

29wmutz.png

Victorian alert :lol: