What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Gordon

Poss

Juniors
Did anyone see 9 news last night?
Danny Weilder had Gallen and asked him a coupla standard questions about the sharks and at the end he said "just lastly, Paul's club Cronulla is well in the mix to sign Michael Gordon from the Panthers. There are about 6 clubs chasing but the Sharks are the early favourites".
Something like that

I have heard from another source that it is a done deal.
Not sure on reliability of this though.

What do ya's reckon?
Worth picking up?
Too injury prone?

If he stays fit, it would be a huge signing I reckon

Ausguy

Coach
his injuries have been bad but no one can expect a broken leg... or avoid it.

better than gards right now IMO

Quigs

Immortal
Did Danny mention the new groundsite waterview unit or is that all hush hush?

Frenzy.

Immortal
Did anyone see 9 news last night?
Danny Weilder had Gallen and asked him a coupla standard questions about the sharks and at the end he said "just lastly, Paul's club Cronulla is well in the mix to sign Michael Gordon from the Panthers. There are about 6 clubs chasing but the Sharks are the early favourites".
Something like that

I have heard from another source that it is a done deal.
Not sure on reliability of this though.

What do ya's reckon?
Worth picking up?
Too injury prone?

If he stays fit, it would be a huge signing I reckon

Yeah. Lets not buy and get rid of all "injury prone" players. Lets just have blokes who stay 100% fit ALL the time

Fugg I hate that argument when considering players.

Have a look at the Sharks team and see how many would have to go if being injury prone was a recruitment/retention criteria

FMD Reality check. It's rugby league. 80% of players are injured ALL the time

Poss

Juniors
Yeah. Lets not buy and get rid of all "injury prone" players. Lets just have blokes who stay 100% fit ALL the time

Fugg I hate that argument when considering players.

Have a look at the Sharks team and see how many would have to go if being injury prone was a recruitment/retention criteria

FMD Reality check. It's rugby league. 80% of players are injured ALL the time

lol.
Settle down bro!
Just a question to spark some discussion.
For the record, I would take him in a second.

Frenzy.

Immortal
lol.
Settle down bro!
Just a question to spark some discussion.
For the record, I would take him in a second.

Not the first rant I've had on this Possy

It's the single dumbest discussion point regularly bought up in here.

We took De Gois who is made of glass.

2 of the better prospects in the club, Mills and Bukuya have had twice the amount of injuries of Mickey Gordon.

Ben Ross. Isaac De Gois.

May as well sell them all off.

Special K

Coach
He would be 29 before the season starts next year so realistically you would have to wonder how many years we could get out of him. In saying that Jeremy Smith an "injury prone" older player has been great for us. He is probably the best back left on the market(assuming Stewart has signed with Manly). I'd be very interested to see the cost difference between a Locke for example and Gordon.

Gordon is an upgrade on Gardner but gee I'd love a rep quality centre.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
He would be 29 before the season starts next year so realistically you would have to wonder how many years we could get out of him. In saying that Jeremy Smith an "injury prone" older player has been great for us. He is probably the best back left on the market(assuming Stewart has signed with Manly). I'd be very interested to see the cost difference between a Locke for example and Gordon.

Gordon is an upgrade on Gardner but gee I'd love a rep quality centre.

The Sharks already have 2 of those.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Yeah i'd have him. But if its Weidler reporting it im not sure how true it is. He thinks we all out to get him doesn't he? Twat.I better check out thge Inu thread. and see what doing there!

Weaponhead

Coach
I think he goes good.....but.....is he 1 of those guys that goes well for Bellamy & shyte elsewhere?

I reckon nielsen is exactly the sort of player who does a great job in that side. I don't think he would nearly as effective for us. We need someone who can create as well as finish. At the storm nielsen plays a clear role in the structure dominated by slater, crank and smith.

Gordon is an outstanding player. Depends on the coin he wants and the recovery from surgery last year. Not too bothered by the leg fracture that will heal.