What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Maguire - New Kiwis Coach

Burns

First Grade
In the press conference the NZRL CEO said there was a triple header in Auckland in October???????

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Obviously been in discussion with NZRL about Auckland RL's plans to build a domestic system. This could be a pivotal time in the history of the game in NZ.

Pommy

Coach
So is he leaving his coaching job? If he doesn’t it has to be a huge conflict of interests.
Does anyone know how many national sides are coached by non Australians?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So is he leaving his coaching job? If he doesn’t it has to be a huge conflict of interests.
Does anyone know how many national sides are coached by non Australians?

I could be wrong but I don't think he has been coaching since he left Souths. The artical says he's been working with NRL match officials.

Re: international coaches France, Wales and Ireland aren't coached by Aussies. I don't think it matters thought. I'm glad the Kiwis opened the job up to the best candidate. The coach is a key component of a modern team and it seems that he has the right idea working on the structure of NZRL and not just coaching the Kiwis on game day.

I also like the shift that our game has taken recently too. We've seen England and the Kiwis planning ahead and starting to get into the rhythm of world cup cycles. This is a sign to me that our international game is maturing.

Pommy

Coach
Yeah that what I meant, he’s in a coaching role with he refs. If those refs are then in charge of games involving NZ it’s a conflict.

I don’t have issue with them giving the job to the best candidate but we need to make sure we’re developing people worldwide for all aspects of the game, players, coaches and match officials.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I could be wrong but I don't think he has been coaching since he left Souths. The artical says he's been working with NRL match officials.

Re: international coaches France, Wales and Ireland aren't coached by Aussies. I don't think it matters thought. I'm glad the Kiwis opened the job up to the best candidate. The coach is a key component of a modern team and it seems that he has the right idea working on the structure of NZRL and not just coaching the Kiwis on game day.

I also like the shift that our game has taken recently too. We've seen England and the Kiwis planning ahead and starting to get into the rhythm of world cup cycles. This is a sign to me that our international game is maturing.

PNG don't have an Aussie coach.

Latest posts