What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Potter assistant coach

Overseas dragon

Juniors
One of my favorite players and an extremely pleasant young man.with a great footy brain and pleasant personality. I know MICHAEL is looking for a gig.THE BIG RED VVV could do worse than putting him on the roster I know it's highly unlikely with YOUNG and HORNBY in the way but given the way FIJI played in the world cup his input I'm sure would be a great help to our structures ............

One of my favorite players and an extremely pleasant young man.with a great footy brain and pleasant personality. I know MICHAEL is looking for a gig.THE BIG RED VVV could do worse than putting him on the roster I know it's highly unlikely with YOUNG and HORNBY in the way but given the way FIJI played in the world cup his input I'm sure would be a great help to our structures ............
Loads of respect for Potter but the last thing we need is another assistant to McGregor.
What we need is a seasoned head coach who knows what they're doing.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I'm sure Michael Potter is the current Assistant coach to Brownie at the Knights & Head Coach for Fiji RL team. I cannot see him leaving these positions to work under a peanut that deflects blame to others outside the Boys club brigade.
You can't have an assistant that knows more and is better qualified than the Head Coach....ask Jason Demetriou!
Yes Potter would be a far better Head Coach than what we have, but would be a marked target as an assistant. He's better off staying where he's appreciated.

possm

Coach
The way things are progressing at the Dragons, there will be big changes with a change of ownership. The new owner will want nothing but the best - tried and proven - coach available because success on the field will translate and facilitate success off the field.

Mary will get his payout and Doust and all the others with their snouts in the trough will be paid out. A big shadow will be lifted from the Club including the $6m debt to the NRL. From then on it will only be 'the sky's the limit for our great Club.

I predict it will be a Sheik buy-out with WIN offering a huge advertising account with the Dragons. WIN will also become our TPA management agent.

Last edited:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
When Farrar left either Potter or Johnson should have appointed coach ahead of races mad Brown. He was known fpr being more interested in the horses

epDragon62

First Grade
I know nothing more than having watched Hornby as a player and leader; it won’t surprise me if he ends up being a decent coach.

Gareth67

First Grade
Mick Potter is undoubtedly a well liked man and we are speaking of an assistant coaching position ( with possibly the full time role ? ) but are his coaching skills adequate enough to give the Dragons a premiership ? We need a true ' craftsman ' in this field to take the Joint Venture to the top of the tree .

Surely we have had enough of 'what could had been' years . Our current rocket scientist will have to really do his job this season or there will be no saving him this time , more so should WIN come to the party .

possm

Coach
Mick Potter is undoubtedly a well liked man and we are speaking of an assistant coaching position ( with possibly the full time role ? ) but are his coaching skills adequate enough to give the Dragons a premiership ? We need a true ' craftsman ' in this field to take the Joint Venture to the top of the tree .

Surely we have had enough of 'what could had been' years . Our current rocket scientist will have to really do his job this season or there will be no saving him this time , more so should WIN come to the party .

We found the solution to our coaching problems when we hired a top line coach in 2009-2011. Bennett showed us all there is no substitute for quality when it comes to coaching.

We should just do the same again, hire a decent coach and most of our on-field problems will disapear.

Gareth67

First Grade
We found the solution to our coaching problems when we hired a top line coach in 2009-2011. Bennett showed us all there is no substitute for quality when it comes to coaching.

We should just do the same again, hire a decent coach and most of our on-field problems will disapear.

You are right Possum . We almost had him a 2nd time after he left the Knights , but apparently Murdoch stepped in at the last minute and made him an offer that he couldn't refuse .

And we also need to remember that all clubs are after the best . It all comes back to just whom you can afford . That is why I sincerely hope , like yourself and so many others , that the WIN deal goes through , hopefully sooner than later .

I believe that uncle Bruce will demand the best results from the Joint Venture , both on and off the field . I don't believe that he will come onboard for anything less .

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Bruce is not that great a businessman
and does not even live in the country.
They would be better to offer shares in the Club to supporters. Bruce's son has not done much to upgrade the Club. I reckon the Club could easily raise $10,000,000 in a partial float. Money has not been the main problem whoch has been apalling Club Management, Strategies, Coaching and Recruitment.
John Hewson and a team of high profile supporters would support the float.
John Howard
John Hewson
Robert Mc Clelland
Mark Taylor
Kerry O'Keefe
John Stanley
David Morrow
Tony Squires
Andrew Webster
Roy Masters
Mark Latham
The List goes on and on.