What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midnight Oil vs Powderfinger

Who is better?

• Midnight Oil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powderfinger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Anonymous

Juniors
Midnight Oil

First release: 1978 (Midnight Oil)
Genre: Rock

Key CD:
d11121mnwwc.jpg

Diesel and Dust

Key Songs:
- King of the Mountain
- Beds Are Burning
- Blue Sky Mine

Powderfinger

First release: 1996 (Double Allergic)
Genre: Rock

Key CD:
g13884iffzd.jpg

Vulture Street

Key Songs:
- Already Gone
- Baby I've Got You On My Mind
- My Happiness

Melstar

Juniors
I'm voting for Powderfinger, even though it is likely that they won't win this one. They're my fave Aussie rock act. Vulture Street is an awesome album

brook

First Grade
ugghhh - is there any choice?

Powderfinger are simply Australias answer to matchbox 20 - bland radio-friendly generic rock

Anonymous

Juniors
Not a big fan of the Finger. They always sound so depressed. A bit of improvement occurred with Vulture Street, but its still nothing special.

The Oils on the otherhand are crazy. Easily one of Aussies finest musical acts... and so many great songs. Hercules - one of the finest songs ever.

The Oils get my vote by a million percent.

It says Powderfingers first cd was Double Allergic, when it was actually that 'Songs for Wooden Ears' or whatever it was called, back in 93' when they wanted to be Soundgarden.

Phillips

Referee
both great bands.....but Midnight Oil are a lot better and therefore get my vote and all there albums are great

Simo

First Grade
Ill take the finger becuase i really liked double allergic. Alot of there new stuff bores me though.

Melstar

Juniors
The first one was Parables for Wooden Ears. Pretty good cd actually. They havent changed all that much from their early days I dont think.
Their latest, Vulture Street, is actually a fair bit rockier than Odyssey No.5 and Internationalist.

I saw Powderfinger live late last year at the Roverstage and they were awesome. Played a lot of their new stuff as well as some of their old hits. Many of their songs are very emotive and that comes across realyl well when they're playing live.

choc_soldier

Coach
Oh, what! :twisted:

Geez, I'll have to go for... Midnight Oil. But only just.

I think that Vulture Street is good at best. Internationalist - now that's an album!

Latest posts