What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millard -> Bulldogs ?

Nugby

Juniors
I just got a phonecall to the effect that Willie Tonga has until 4pm today to sign for the bulldogs or they're going to remove their offer and sign Millard. Hope it's wrong. :(

On another note, I also heard that the Woolford thing got leaked when his son told his soccer team :lol:

Godz Illa

Coach
Not much of a replacement. Shane Millard would be a bit slow for the centres. Canterbury have lost the plot.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nugby said:
On another note, I also heard that the Woolford thing got leaked when his son told his soccer team :lol:
LOL!
And I heard that the person who started that rumour about his son was on a bus at the time.

That's a rumour about who the started the rumour about the rumour.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Godz Illa said:
Not much of a replacement. Shane Millard would be a bit slow for the centres. Canterbury have lost the plot.

He's the man:

2002_millard_1.jpg

I've also heard that they want to replace Asotasi with Chris Leikvol...

MrCharisma

Bench
Southernsaint said:
He's the man:

2002_millard_1.jpg

I've also heard that they want to replace Asotasi with Chris Leikvol...

Yes we want Darryll Millard by the sounds of it. The Bulldogs have announced this on their website;

Bulldogs centre Willie Tonga has rejected the Club's offer and will go to June 30 to test the market with other NRL clubs.

The Bulldogs had put a deadline of 5pm today for Tonga to accept their offer.

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said, "Willie's manager has stated that Willie has at this point rejected the Bulldogs current offer and will hold out to the June 30 deadline to see what other clubs may offer. While Willie is our first preference we are now in the position of looking at other alternatives including Daryl Millard from the Dragons."

However Leikvol is definately a joke... we're actually "getting" Justin Poore.

Father Ted

First Grade
MrCharisma said:
Yes we want Darryll Millard by the sounds of it. The Bulldogs have announced this on their website;

Bulldogs centre Willie Tonga has rejected the Club's offer and will go to June 30 to test the market with other NRL clubs.

The Bulldogs had put a deadline of 5pm today for Tonga to accept their offer.

Bulldogs CEO Malcolm Noad said, "Willie's manager has stated that Willie has at this point rejected the Bulldogs current offer and will hold out to the June 30 deadline to see what other clubs may offer. While Willie is our first preference we are now in the position of looking at other alternatives including Daryl Millard from the Dragons."

However Leikvol is definately a joke... we're actually "getting" Justin Poore.

What I can't work out is why the NRL wants the Bulldogs ?

Nugby

Juniors
Sounds like the Tonga thing was pretty close (4pm, 5pm), but I hope we don't lose Millard, he's played pretty well when he's been given the chance, despite the fact that he offloads about as often as Cooper (of course that dummy outside/ pass inside a couple of weeks back that lead to Hornby scoring was pure class!).

As for the Woolford thing, I'm generally pretty confident with the source and I thought it was pretty funny. More important though, how good was the win tonight, I'm three sheets to the wind coming home! (from watching it in Canberra *sigh*)

petetheileet

First Grade
wouldnt bother me if we lost millard...i think its obvious if we are able to keep head, hornby has to halve with him n gaz should stay in the centres

borat

Bench
I think its a bullsh*t tactic to name a contracted player before June the 30th like that in a media release. Thankfully he wasn't in FG last night because that sort of talk could have had his mind of his game. Negotiate at will after June the 30th but don't try and influence a player who may already have a dragons contract offer. We should come out and name Myles or Armit as players we will target. Bloody p*sspoor effort doggies. Bit of a come down I would think anyway to replace an QLD and Aust Rep with a guy who has what 7 FG games to his name.

Benny

First Grade
The kid is behind Gasnier and Cooper - would anyone blame him if he left to play First Grade - goodluck to him I say!