What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minichiello and Wing stood down

A meeting was held earlier today with Sydney Roosters players Craig Wing and Anthony Minichiello.

The Sydney Roosters were represented by Head Coach Ricky Stuart, Chief Executive Brian Canavan, and Deputy Chairman Michael Conn.

The Club acknowledges that both players have been penalised by the NSWRL for their actions during camp, however all players at the Sydney Roosters understand they have social responsibilities and a strict code of behaviour.

It is the belief of this club through its board of directors that the two players broke club policy.

Both Anthony Minichiello and Craig Wing will be stood down from the Roosters game against the New Zealand Warriors next Sunday at Aussie Stadium.

We understand this action punishes their teammates, fans and sponsors of the Sydney Roosters.

The Sydney Roosters are a foundation club with a 97 year history; the players of today are simply custodians of our tradition. We pride ourselves on setting the highest benchmarks on and off the field.

We trust this decision will now put an end to speculation and allow our players and coaching team to fully prepare for our game against the Warriors on Sunday and for Craig Wing to fully concentrate on the important State of Origin game on Wednesday night against Queensland.

Link //www.sydneyroosters.com.au/latestnews.php?ID=700

t-ba

Post Whore
:clap: :clap: . Now, if only a certain club...nudge nudge...would follow this example...

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
If Wing especially is stood down for the Roosters (he done nothing), that would mean Gower (also done nothing) and Waterhouse (just visited a brothel! :D ) would for us which means Mason and O'Meley would have to aswell for the Dogs.

Razor

Coach
What's so wrong with visiting a brothel?

Somethings 1000s of people do every night. Perfectly legal.

Not a problem at all.

labinator

Juniors
i think wing was dropped because of the fact he went out after the rest of the team went back to the hotel. Fair penalty, and hopefully both will come out better because of it

ibeme said:
What did Wing do wrong?

I believe that part of the Roosters code of contact forbids them from drinking in the Cross. A lot of sports people seem to get into trouble there so the Roosters made it a no go zone. The players knew this and even though not representing the club officially are still bound by that.

ibeme

First Grade
Southern Rooster said:
ibeme said:
What did Wing do wrong?

I believe that part of the Roosters code of contact forbids them from drinking in the Cross. A lot of sports people seem to get into trouble there so the Roosters made it a no go zone. The players knew this and even though not representing the club officially are still bound by that.

If that's the case, then fair enough I suppose.

DJ1

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
Yeah i heard the Roosters players arent allowed in the red light district all season.

but that's half their territory. No wonder they don't have any juniors.

Pigskin

Juniors
will be interesting to see if Chris Walker plays this week then and/or how long all 3 players are stood down for

goose and gander - we will see :roll:

Oink !

Great stuff from the Roosters. I have to say, in terms of management and code of conducts and all that, they've always acted swiftly and fairly to stamp out any problems.

dice

Juniors
Pigskin said:
will be interesting to see if Chris Walker plays this week then and/or how long all 3 players are stood down for

goose and gander - we will see :roll:

Oink !

Did you even read the article? Or is it more exciting for you to remain ignorant and make up conspiracy theories?

Rusty

Juniors
On the Sunday Footy Show Gus mentioned that he was asked by the team captain(Buderus) if they were able to leave the hotel on that night after the function and he said they would only be looking for trouble if they did and proceeded to say no and Mason,Waterhouse,Wing,O'Meley and Minichiello decided they would anyway and thats when all this phone business happened. :x

dice

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
It's lucky Easts are playing cellar-dwellers Auckland on the weekend...

Cheers,
Ben S.

hahaha. The team that so happen to go close to being premiers two years in a row and battling to stay alive. Yeah I am sure they will be easybeats.

Oh please...Its a week!
They play the Warriors!
The following week its the DOGS...They didnt have to stand them down but did to make it look like they did something and then Ricky wants them to consider Minichello for Origin 2 and 3.Arrogance and dont fall for it
If it was a tough team instead of 1 of the bottom teams..would they have put their hand up.
Ray Hadley was spruking on about how their CEO was telling him that if any of them were involved the contracts would have been torn up...Piss weak...1 Week