What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missed another - Dugan

Frenzy.

Immortal
St George Illawarra Dragons to throw controversial fullback Josh Dugan one-year lifeline
FOX SPORTS May 01, 2013 7:48PM

Josh Dugan ... set to return to the NRL with St George Illawarra. Source: Brett Costello / News Limited
Controversial fullback Josh Dugan has been pulled from the NRL wilderness and thrown a one-year life line by St George Illawarra.

Dugan's manager, Paul Sutton, held talks with Dragons chief executive Peter Doust and recruitment manager Craig Young on Wednesday afternoon to finalise the details of the deal.*

NRL 360 host Paul Kent revealed the former Origin star is likely to announce the deal on Friday which will include a clause that he stays off social media.

Behavioural issues cost the 22-year-old his $700,000 a year contract at Canberra where he was in his third season of first grade in the nation’s capital.

A social media outburst on instagram where Dugan sensationally told a Canberra fan to ‘end themselves’ saw Brisbane back out of a 2 million dollar deal but having apologised for the brain snap, attending counselling sessions and meetings with the NRL, he looks to have saved his career.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...m=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed#.UYDtOmthiSM

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I actually think he's too stupid not to get himself in shit again.

If he actually grows up, I'd be surprised. A sociopath is a sociopath.

But...as Bear Bryant said in Forrest Gump -

"He must be the stupidest son of a bitch alive! But he sure is fast"

webShark

I actually think he's too stupid not to get himself in shit again.

If he actually grows up, I'd be surprised. A sociopath is a sociopath.
^This
Next stop Japanese Union.

With Beale injured worth the risk for the Dragons. Sociopaths only get management positions at Salmon Bucket Park.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You Guys have Gordon, he is 5 times the player Dugan is, plus he is a champion bloke to have at your club!! Trust me, I think you guys half enough "Drama" without adding that child!

Feej

First Grade
Don't get excited and then invariably let down. As others have mentioned, we won't be signing anyone new for ages. In fact, we'll do well just hanging onto the guys we have now.

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm not convinced anyone is a great signing anymore?

What happened to Lewis, Gordon, Ryan - we've turned them average, like countless "great" signings before them.

The Popper

Bench
I'm not convinced anyone is a great signing anymore?
What happened to Lewis, Gordon, Ryan - we've turned them average, like countless "great" signings before them.
That's pretty much my thoughts too, CS.....ever since Anderson took over. Why the heck can't we be like the Roosters where the new buys lift the team.