What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mission Metallica..

Simo

First Grade
Great to see Death Magnetic at number one in the Aussie charts.. Knocked of Miley Cyrus (which i brough for my daughter the same day i brought Death magnetic) for the top spot..

In your face 11 year old daughter !! :lol:

lol Mong we aint buying it. Miley Cyrus is darn catchy just admit you bought it for yourself :p

braz

Juniors
Great to see Death Magnetic at number one in the Aussie charts.. Knocked of Miley Cyrus (which i brough for my daughter the same day i brought Death magnetic) for the top spot..

In your face 11 year old daughter !! :lol:

Just looked at the aria album charts:

Death Magnetic - No 1
Black Album - No 24
Puppets - No 33
AJFA - No 36
Lightning - No 38

5 in the top 40!

Need some kids to start buying Kill em all aswell!!

http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display_album.asp?chart=1G50

Spitty

Juniors
When Metallica did the BDO tour after St Anger, I remember during there set they didn't play a single song from load or re-load. It's like they wanted to pretend they didn't exist. I wonder if St Anger will now fall into that category.

Mong

Post Whore
When Metallica did the BDO tour after St Anger, I remember during there set they didn't play a single song from load or re-load. It's like they wanted to pretend they didn't exist. I wonder if St Anger will now fall into that category.

If i recall correctly they only played 1 or 2 at most at their side show in Brisbane, i think they also played 1 song from St Anger, i remember that because i recall thinking that they had a guitar solo in the song live but they didn't seem to have any at all on the actual album..

Darth Bobo

If i recall correctly they only played 1 or 2 at most at their side show in Brisbane, i think they also played 1 song from St Anger, i remember that because i recall thinking that they had a guitar solo in the song live but they didn't seem to have any at all on the actual album..

In Sydney I'm pretty sure it was Frantic and the solo got a cheer because there isn't one damn solo on all of St. Anger.

I'd expect Fuel will still get a run at most Metallica shows as James like to play it and possibly Until It Sleep and the Memory Remains but the less I hear of those the better.

When they headlined in Sydney they played a fair bit of thier older material, The Thing That Should Not Be even got a run (love that song). With the songs on Death Magnetic and thier back catalouge I'd prefer for them to play nothing off those 3 ever again.

Eelectrica

Referee
With the Coffin box set comes a download from a Death Magnetic concert. I'm downloading the O2 arena concert the only 2 songs from the last 3 CD's are Frantic and Until it Sleeps.
Has plenty of classics though such as Jump in the Fire, Thing, MOP, Blackened as well as most of the usual songs.
I they if they were to play a fairly similar setlist when they next come down, I'd leave pretty happy I think.

Setlist from the Brisbane concert from St. Anger tour I attended
Fight Fire With Fire
The Four Horsemen
Ride The Lightning
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Sad But True
Dirty Window
Harvester of Sorrow
One
Damage Inc.
- - - - - - - - - -
Seek and Destroy
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
- - - - - - - - - -
St. Anger
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - - - -
Last Caress
Hit The Lights

Even when they've produced crap albums, their concerts for the most part have still been pretty damn good with plenty of classics thrown in.

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
With the Coffin box set comes a download from a Death Magnetic concert. I'm downloading the O2 arena concert the only 2 songs from the last 3 CD's are Frantic and Until it Sleeps.
Has plenty of classics though such as Jump in the Fire, Thing, MOP, Blackened as well as most of the usual songs.
I they if they were to play a fairly similar setlist when they next come down, I'd leave pretty happy I think.

Setlist from the Brisbane concert from St. Anger tour I attended
Fight Fire With Fire
The Four Horsemen
Ride The Lightning
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
The Thing That Should Not Be
Frantic
Sad But True
Dirty Window
Harvester of Sorrow
One
Damage Inc.
- - - - - - - - - -
Seek and Destroy
Nothing Else Matters
Creeping Death
- - - - - - - - - -
St. Anger
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - - - - -
Last Caress
Hit The Lights

Even when they've produced crap albums, their concerts for the most part have still been pretty damn good with plenty of classics thrown in.

FFWF was an awesome song to start with.. Dirty window is the song of St Anger i remember them playng, i can't remember the other 2 St Anger songs though..

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they go back to their longer gigs and play near all of the songs off DM, except for Unforgiven III and Suicide and Redemption.

Dakink

Bench
The Brisbane and Sydney gigs last tour were awesome - that is a given for a band that has never failed to dissapoint out here. They built their rep on a powerful live perfomance and despite the ups and downs for mine have never comprimised on their live shows.

Cant wait for the next tour!!

Could be an expensive couple of weeks - not to mention expensive for my brain too!!

Mong

Post Whore
The Brisbane and Sydney gigs last tour were awesome - that is a given for a band that has never failed to dissapoint out here. They built their rep on a powerful live perfomance and despite the ups and downs for mine have never comprimised on their live shows.

Cant wait for the next tour!!

Could be an expensive couple of weeks - not to mention expensive for my brain too!!

It will be worth it.. Was listening to an interview with Lars and he said they are in America until at least February then they have Europe..

Sounds like they are a while away..

Think i will do Melbourne Sydney and Brisbane this time around (if they ever come back)

carcharias

Immortal
I dont believe what Im reading!

You know metallica are not aussie carch?

Yes.

A drummer of that magnitude of wankness could never come from this great land.

I actually love heaps of bands from overseas.

I have played in bands in pubs for 20 years...I remember playing at the Cardomah cafe in the cross before I was even old enough to be in the joint.
so
I have seen how hard it is for most Aussie bands.
I only have respect for them and their music...just to get a gig is a bloody ordeal these days.

I feel sorry for people on here who bag out aussie bands without having ever seen them play.

Even if they just got off their arse and went to homebake every year it would be good.

fug idol.