What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOM v Japan

Who was our best on ground

• Viduka

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Cahill

Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Neill

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Aloisi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kewell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nuffs

Bench
how anyone couldnt put Cahill in as MOM is beyond me

special mentions to VIDUKA, NEILL, and KENNEDY

negative mentions to WILKSHIRE, CHIPPERFIELD and WILKSHIRE. oh, and WILKSHIRE

willvillain

Juniors
Cahill was the match-turner, but if he had been on all game (i.e. no Wilkshire) then Viduka would've got MOM. The number of chances Viduka made in the first half was exceptional.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
without Cahill we woulnd't have won

how can you past him for MOM

aussies1st

Staff member
Easily Cahill. Viduka was next best, he did a lot early on but poor finishing stopped as from captailising on his good work.

borat

Bench
Viduka was absolutely world class, particularly in the first half. But not many players score a brace in a world cup game, particularly midfielders so its got to go to Timmy.

Nugby

Juniors
You'd have to say Cahill. I was a little disappointed in Chipper (but I expect a LOT from my favourite Socceroo), but jesus, Neill had his best game ever and it was at CB!

steven_tiger

Juniors
cahill, neill, viduka and kennedy were brilliant.

what is with wilkshire... the bloke sux! get him out of the team guus.

Neill, his defence saved us.
kept us in the game, then it was Cahill in the right place at the right time.
Kennedy had a lot to do with us winning as well.

Perth Tiger

Bench
negative mentions to WILKSHIRE, CHIPPERFIELD and WILKSHIRE. oh, and WILKSHIRE

I didn't think Chipperfield was to bad though he can play a lot better than that. Agree with the other three though. :)

borat

Bench
Perth Tiger said:
I didn't think Chipperfield was to bad though he can play a lot better than that. Agree with the other three though. :)

Nuffs must have been watching a different game because Chippers was awesome and made some really good runs from the back. I don't remember one attack that got through our left side of defence.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's got to be Bresciano for mine - it's a travesty that he's not even an option. Cahill may have scored the two goals, but all of our first half domination was in part due to Bresciano's superb controlling of the midfield. I was fuming when he came off.

Poida_Raider

Bench
Cahill, viduka was awesome. kennedy (jesus) was great when he came on.

the dissappointments for me were wilkshire.. emerton, and bresciano.. dead set i think bresciano misses about 10 chances a game cause he probably tries to kick it too hard, but this time he missed one cause he tried to kick it too softly. his strike rate would probably be about 1 in 15.

Latest posts