What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Englishmen in the NRL?

nick87

Coach
Ricky Stuart, for some reason, seems to bring out the best in English players. Take a look at Adrian Morley, even though he was brought over here by Graham Murray, he struggled under Murray but thrived under Stuart.
Might be more than just luck there, who knows.

That's a fair point actually.

That said Jordan Turner can't get a f**king look in at #14 and is behind Adam Clydesdale despite being solid for Mounties
Though I'm told Turner was never anything but an average ESL player

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
Ryan Hall is one of the five best wingers in the world and Jermain McGilvary is one of the top 10. The way that England put Samoa to bed, despite Samoa's NRL stars shows that England has a lot of talent waiting to be claimed by NRL teams..

I've always felt that the best wingers don't spend their career on the wing. They move infield

roughyedspud

Coach
There's a lot of valve to be had by signings England squad players..

I went on the west's messageboard when aaron woods wanted $800k a season,I told them to get rid of woods and sign Alex walmsley,Scott Taylor & daz Clarke for the same money what Aaron woods wants..if not less...and that's a quality front row too

POPEYE

Coach
There must be more Poms like Whitehead and Hodgson who can play better in better teams

Chimp

Bench
There's a good handful of players in a super league that wouldn make very handy players in the NRL, and with the difference in the salary cap, plus the exchange rate, they'd come pretty cheap. $300k would get you one of super leagues top earners.

roughyedspud

Coach
There must be more Poms like Whitehead and Hodgson who can play better in better teams

Mike mcmeeken...he's "the new" Elliot Whitehead...he's bigger and has better hands that Whitehead...problem is he plays 12 like Elliot so he got shunted to 11 against Samoa the other day...he played well but was out of position

roughyedspud

Coach
There's a good handful of players in a super league that wouldn make very handy players in the NRL, and with the difference in the salary cap, plus the exchange rate, they'd come pretty cheap. $300k would get you one of super leagues top earners.

This...

$300k is $187k after tax,that's a little over £105k in real money...

There's not many,like 1or2, Englishmen in ESL on £100k a year..

That's a fair point actually.

That said Jordan Turner can't get a f**king look in at #14 and is behind Adam Clydesdale despite being solid for Mounties
Though I'm told Turner was never anything but an average ESL player

Jordan Turner is probably going to go down as one of Ricky Stuart's mistakes, because he was not a star of Super League or even St Helens. Joe Greenwood, now at the Titans, was a pick of Phil Gould as "likely to succeed in the NRL" when Greenwood played for St. Helens.

The Rugby League player is CHRIS McQueen you goose!

Oh really? I thought he was the actor and Steve McQueen was the rugby league player. Are you sure? I had better check with Ray Warren, Phil Gould, Peter Sterling, Paul Vautin, Wally Lewis, Andrew Johns and Brad Fittler and get back to you on that.

Latest posts