What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More internationals for Canada in 2012

spooky

Juniors
Canada RL have just announced they will play 8 international matches in 2012, including their first overseas tour. I don't have the details yet but will let you know as soon as I do.

Lone Ranger

Juniors
We at basing success on what David niu has accomplished in 15 years... Winning their first berth to the WC with mostly Aussie players. Congrats to a change for North America as a whole for the past 12 months.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Fantastic news. Got to love the CRL's effort in Canada. Keep up the great work guys!

langpark

First Grade
Heard that it may be in October in South Africa
I highly doubt it... But if we are to assume 8 internationals means they will play against 8 different nations, then surely there'll be one against the US and one against Jamaica.

Leaving us with 6 more matches, so they will either tour Europe or the Pacific, a Euro tour could look something like this:

Italy
Malta
Lebanon
Serbia
Russia
Ukraine

Pacific:
Cook Islands
Tonga
Samoa
Fiji
PNG
NZ Maori

I think a Euro tour is more likely. I'm just speculating here by the way...

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
^ I would think they would play the same opposition more then once.

Perhaps a 3 test match series against USA and Jamaica. Ireland tour USA around St. Patricks day and may stop off in Canada?

yakstorm

First Grade
Canada will play USA home and away again like they did this year. From a Canada point of view, considering a group like CBC will televise a game like this nationally makes it too important not to have.

I'm sure they'll be looking to play Jamaica again, and ideally repay Jamaica for travelling to Canada this year by travelling over.

So it's more what's happening with the other 4. Most likely, guessing, they will all be part of the same tour, with not all of them against national teams. If Ireland are heading back to the USA for the St Pats Day international, then I'm sure Canada will try and lure the Wolfhounds north. I know they tried this year, but left it too late.

deluded pom?

Coach
I highly doubt it... But if we are to assume 8 internationals means they will play against 8 different nations, then surely there'll be one against the US and one against Jamaica.

Leaving us with 6 more matches, so they will either tour Europe or the Pacific, a Euro tour could look something like this:

Italy
Malta
Lebanon
Serbia
Russia
Ukraine

Pacific:
Cook Islands
Tonga
Samoa
Fiji
PNG
NZ Maori

I think a Euro tour is more likely. I'm just speculating here by the way...

Both of those options would cost an amateur player a small fortune.

PacificCoastRL

Juniors
Since we are all speculating about Canada's 2012 international season, I'll add my two cents worth:

Colonial Cup - home and away v United States (2)
One or two games against Jamaica - home and/or away(1/2)
Irish Wolfhounds - home and then away, (2)
followed by 2 or 3 games in England setup by partners St. Helen's and Leigh Centurions. I'm not saying they will play those two teams, but maybe some teams in their stables.

Last edited:

deal.with.it

Juniors
i read an interview recently, i think maybe on we are rugby, with niu stating that usa will probs go to ireland next year, since ireland came to usa this year. so i don't think ireland will be playing canada in canada.
and steven van, coach, from south africa mentioned a 2012 atlantic cup.
so i think there will be home and away vs usa for the colonial cup, with one game counting towards atlantic cup.
a match against jamaica for atlantic cup (possibly also a mid year match in jamaica)
match against south africa for atlantic cup
and a tour somewhere overseas

Latest posts