What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More views on Thommo

gregstar

Referee
the 'evil' club has hit back through roy masters.

quite frankly thommo should concentrate on salvaging his career instead of this sh*t. he doesn't have the brains to win a media battle. furthermore as northwest9 says, in this frame of mind, the sharks will get zip out of him.

Godz Illa

Coach
It was a matter of time before the flipside to Thommo's story emerged. And it was a case of sooner rather than later following the 'evil plot' allegations...

Smithtown

Coach
Roy Masters has a lot of credibility so this article may go a long way. It would be best for Lance if he just moved on and concentrated on playing football.

G

gorilla

Hey Love Moate - grand final 1977 quote form the real Rex, eh ?

Smithtown

Coach
Absolutely gorilla. Must have watched that video 1000 times so I know it off by heart. There will never be another Rex.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The Love Moate said:
Roy Masters has a lot of credibility so this article may go a long way. It would be best for Lance if he just moved on and concentrated on playing football.

What a surpise. Masters going into bat for his old mates the Doust family. Examine the article carefully and tell me in point form what Lance is guilty of and then compare it to his St George career. Nice try Roy.

Saint 60

Juniors
dam good effort id say....
after all the garbage ive read in the papers and news about this mess...

we seem to be getting the otherside for a change - and about time.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Saint 60 said:
dam good effort id say....
after all the garbage ive read in the papers and news about this mess...

we seem to be getting the otherside for a change - and about time.

What if the 'other side of the story' is crap?

Well what are you waiting for? Point form please. But only those items where he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

I'll make it easier. Assumptions, based on Thompson's body language, by a basketball coach don't count.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gunnamatta said:
What a surpise. Masters going into bat for his old mates the Doust family. Examine the article carefully and tell me in point form what Lance is guilty of and then compare it to his St George career. Nice try Roy.

Sure thing Saints_2006

gunnamatta bay

Referee
gregstar said:
hmmmmmm..... you seem to have taken to thommo quite well now that he might be a sharkie.

I have been sticking up for him for a long time now. Well before any mention of a move away from saints and certainly before any mention of the sharks.

I'm happy to see him in the blue/white/black. Can't wait till the local derby. Shark Park will be packed.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Immortal said:
Sure thing Saints_2006

Are you are confusing me with someone else or do you and Doust have something in common? Similar to the famous text message allegation ain't it? I assume one of the moderators or Willow will help you out. I have one identity in this forum.

Heres a good read:
Dragons stabbed my son in the back

By Andrew Webster
November 27, 2005

LANCE Thompson will pick up the pieces of his shattered career with the Sharks - but his father remains enraged at how St George Illawarra treated the Kogarah cult hero.

The dumped second-rower will front a press conference tomorrow to confirm he has signed a one-year contract with Cronulla.

Thompson and his family remain gutted by the Dragons fiasco.

"He says, 'Dad, it feels like someone has reached inside my chest and torn my heart out'," Thompson's 68-year-old father Brian said.

"There's a fair bit of devil in Lance, but we're so proud of him . . . He didn't deserve to be treated like this.

"St George are pathetic. The kid went back to [CEO Peter] Doust and [coach Nathan] Brown half-a-dozen times during the season because he kept hearing rumours that he was going to be released.

"I really don't think he had a fear of leaving the club - he had to do that eventually.

"What he wanted was a truthful answer. He never got it and they stabbed him in the back. It was all a conspiracy between Doust and Brown to get rid of him."

St George Leagues Club general manager Danny Robinson denied Thompson and his father access to the board meeting on November 15 at which it was agreed Thompson's contract with the Dragons for next season would be terminated.

Details of the settlement remain a mystery.

Thompson remains upset that he hasn't been able to offer his side of the story. The Sun-Herald has obtained copies of letters outlining the allegations against him.

A letter from Doust to Thompson's legal team the day before the meeting revealed the club had dropped an allegation that he had been leaking stories to a media man because the source was "unwilling to be involved".

The nature of Thompson's alleged text messages to teammate Justin Poore is also outlined.

Doust claimed Thompson told Poore: "You better watch out or I will knock your head in". He also allegedly told Thompson's lawyers he had told Poore on a team bus: "F---ing turn around or I will belt you".

Poore is believed to have told Thompson in a telephone conversation that Thompson did not send any text messages.

"It was a kangaroo court room," Brian Thompson said. "To serve him a letter outlining these allegations and then not proceed with that, that's just childish."

Brian Thompson also took aim at Brown, who has distanced himself from the controversy.

"The public aren't stupid," he said. "To think an ex-teammate for a number of years would treat him the way he's been treated . . . Brown can't escape the fact that he's had some sort of input. It's gutless."

Sharks boss Steve Rogers would not confirm if Thompson had signed with the club but said the former City Origin representative would be a welcome addition.

It is understood that NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert is watching the move of Thompson to the Sharks with interest.

Source: The Sun-Herald

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/dragons-stabbed-my-son-in-the-back/2005/11/26/1132966005340.html

Saint 60

Juniors
Gunnamatta said:
What if the 'other side of the story' is crap?

Well what are you waiting for? Point form please. But only those items where he is guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

I'll make it easier. Assumptions, based on Thompson's body language, by a basketball coach don't count.

Like you know what anybody is talking about...?
I have not been bagging Thomo either - the only side we have heard from is in fact Thomo, and only small versions of that...the club has said nothing still ---
and we have had days and days of press talk....

there a 350000 smicks to a clue...
u aint got a smick have u?

Ill make it easy for you....he may sign with the scum so all of a sudden u love him...go figure

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Saint 60 said:
Like you know what anybody is talking about...?
I have not been bagging Thomo either - the only side we have heard from is in fact Thomo, and only small versions of that...the club has said nothing still ---
and we have had days and days of press talk....

there a 350000 smicks to a clue...
u aint got a smick have u?

Thats right they let Roy Masters cook up their spin. Nathan prefers to hide behind Big Dousty's coat tails.

Still no takers I see. When you pick out the bone, fat and sinew from Masters story there ain't much meat is there? Nothing we didn't already know a couple of seasons ago that is.

Immoral have you found out the truth yet?

Ill make it easy for you....he may sign with the scum so all of a sudden u love him...go figure

Silly billy. You have run out of smicks again.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Ah the real truth comes out about Thompson, I knew there had to be a lot more to the story than Thompson's "evil plot" rantings. I for one have wanted the bloke gone for three years, thankfully he now is, and now for all his apologists...........................

Smithtown

Coach
Gunnamatta said:
Thats right they let Roy Masters cook up their spin. Nathan prefers to hide behind Big Dousty's coat tail.

Perhaps Nathan is showing some class by not commentating further on the situation as it is now getting to distraction stage. Just like the old saying - if you haven't got anything good to say about someone, don't say anything.

The Dragons don't need Roy cooking their spin on this issue. There is nothing more to it. The club and Thommo have parted ways. There is no doubt that the Dragons had plenty on Thommo in regards to code of conduct issues. Otherwise his legal team would have cleaned the club up.

Latest posts