What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MORLEY SHOULD HAVE GOT CHURCH HILL MEDAL

taxidriver said:
OC - rather than quoting %'s, look at it as 2 high shots a game. Thats two too many by my counts.
You missed my point. I am merely questioning the use of your term "often" and trying to quantify rather than looking at it subjectively.

taxidriver said:
Anyways, as I said before coward was too harsh and term and I apologise for it. It looks as if we both have differing opinions on this one, but that's what forums are all about !
Cheers, we agree to disagree. Is it March 2004 yet! :D

Wingy

Juniors
HoLLuS said:
Craig Wing played for the Coogee Wombats...that team is part of the easts juniors, which players in the souths comp because there aren't enough teams for the easts comp, therefore he was graded as a souths junior, kind of like Bryan Fletcher, so actually Wing is a rooster junior......originally

Sorry but you're a little wrong here. The Coogee Wombats are a South Sydney Junior Club, not an Easts Junior club.

The Sydney Roosters haave four clubs that play in the South Sydney Junior District. They are Bondi United, Clovelly, Paddington Tigers and St Charles. :)

taxidriver said:
Morley should have gotten time not a medal.

The master of the cheap shot struck again, at least twice by my counting.

I thought Brett Finch should have gotten the Cheapshot Award for the poke in the eye he gave Craig Gower after he had already completed the tackle.

Morley plays hard. No problems with that. Finch on the other hand.........

ozzie

Bench
well in your opinions don't count- did anyone get cited - so Penrith clown you won the grand final go and live with the glory you deserve it - and the other clown about morley - what more can I say - but drip drip drip...

The Godfather

Juniors
Of all the tackles, the only one that will be remembered in years to come is Sattlers.

And wake up to yourselves. The Churchill is for the Man-of-the-Match (ie Pridis). Not for those that had a really, really good game.

PS - One for the trivia buffs: Brad Clyde was the first player from a losing GF team to win the Churchill in 1991. The reason for that is that the voting for the Churchill was decided 15 min before full time, and at that stage, Canberra were leading Penrith 12-6.

Fibroman

First Grade
Morley is just another pretty boy that is more worried about how good his hair looks out on the field, than actually winning the game. If all the rorters players took their comb's out of their socks and played football, they would have given Penrith a better game. I agree Morley was the rorters best, but in saying that, he didn't have much competition from gimps like Walker, Minnicello and the other sunsilk boys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

fibro man said:
Morley is just another pretty boy that is more worried about how good his hair looks out on the field, than actually winning the game
G'Day Muscles, how are those biceps going? :lol:
You sure have a thing for "pretty boys" don't you. Seem to be an expert on male vanity, I wonder why :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
Look, O.K. I concede, Morley is probably the most influential forward running around at the moment. Tony Puletua isn't far behind him though. Webke hit a bit of a form slump in the second half of the competition, and Tallis has had injury problems, which pretty much takes them out of the running.

Don't worry, we've got a pretty boy out at Penrith too, but the other 16 go like a house on fire to keep him looking good.

Maybe if they took the mirrors out of the dressing sheds before the GF, you blokes might have won. We will never know.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
fibro man said:
Look, O.K. I concede, Morley is probably the most influential forward running around at the moment. Tony Puletua isn't far behind him though. Webke hit a bit of a form slump in the second half of the competition, and Tallis has had injury problems, which pretty much takes them out of the running.

Don't worry, we've got a pretty boy out at Penrith too, but the other 16 go like a house on fire to keep him looking good.

Maybe if they took the mirrors out of the dressing sheds before the GF, you blokes might have won. We will never know.

Talking about mirrors I am surprised you have time to watch footy or write on this site....shouldn't you be lifting some weights in front of the mirror?

Oh you are just so much fun to have around....please keep coming back

fibro man said:
Now why didn't anyone else think of that? :roll:

Don't degrade your teams grandfinal victory by insinuating that the Roosters are as vain as you are. Penrith were the better team.

How many mirrors have you got around your house? I bet you can't resist gazing at yourself when you walk by a shop window.

Fibroman

First Grade
Have you been performing covert surveillance on me Catatonic?

I must admit, I do sneak the odd look in a mirror, particularly when I am out in public. I do it to see if I can catch gimps in designer label clothing perving at me, when I'm not looking. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I played the game, you used to stand around and have a beer in the dressing sheds, and go home to blow dry your hair if you were that way inclined.

fibro man said:
When I played the game, you used to stand around and have a beer in the dressing sheds, and go home to blow dry your hair if you were that way inclined.
With all that hot air at your disposal, I bet you didn't even need a blow drier did you? :D

Fibroman

First Grade
[/quote]
With all that hot air at your disposal, I bet you didn't even need a blow drier did you? :D[/quote]

Actually I used to keep my hair very short in my playing days. I was more concerned about stretching up properly before the game, and making sure my team mates were focused and pumped up.

After the game, I was more interested in having a beer and talking to the supporters about where we might be able to improve next week. I was more interested in looking at the stats sheet than in the mirror.

My rugged good looks never really changed much from week to week. :D

RoostarGirl

Juniors
OMG you are so on yourself Fibro Sheet...anyone would think you were MG the way your carrying on.

For goodness sake get a life....your really stupid...can't you see that in the mirror???....

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Catatonic_Omnivore said:
fibro man said:
You must be a real chick magnet then huh?!? Did it take long for you to get used to typing one handed? :D

:shock: :shock:

LMAO!!! now thats what I call funny :D

ozzie

Bench
With all that hot air at your disposal, I bet you didn't even need a blow drier did you? :D[/quote]

Actually I used to keep my hair very short in my playing days. I was more concerned about stretching up properly before the game, and making sure my team mates were focused and pumped up.

After the game, I was more interested in having a beer and talking to the supporters about where we might be able to improve next week. I was more interested in looking at the stats sheet than in the mirror.

[/quote]
and you did all this playing u/10's?? geez that was last year wasn't it??

fibro man said:
After the game, I was more interested in having a beer and talking to the supporters about where we might be able to improve next week.
I've never heard of anyone talking to Athletic Supporters. This bloke is amazing. Hope we see him on the Footy Show next year.

Tell me Fibre Cereal, did the pieces of sporting apparel reveal anything to you worth noting???

ozzie

Bench
no but i believe that he would have found they stunk - just like most of his posts...maybe he hasn't got his nose out of the support..who nose??

Latest posts