What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MORLEY'S RE-SIGNING

ozzie

Bench
Great news for the club about Morley's re-signing - it is a shame about the possible retirement of Fittler though - I don't think he would move to another club.

Great news about Morley and great to see that our Forward pack is going to continu to have some real grunt.

As for Freddy. I think his loss will be huge on field. But we have to be realistic. At some stage he is going to retire. If he really wants to pack it in, then I'd prefer for him to walk away at the pinacle.

As for the money, well he's never struck me as the mercenary type and he is, I think, the 3rd highest paid player with sponsorship. I would be astounded if he went to SL or back to Penrith. I honestly think that is media speculation.

Whatever he decides to do I wish him all the best. I certainly hope he can and wishes to remain at Easts. He has given a great deal to the code and not just the Club. He still has alot to offer Rugby League on and off the field. He's a CHAMPION !!

The Backpacker

Juniors
ozzie said:
Great news for the club about Morley's re-signing - it is a shame about the possible retirement of Fittler though - I don't think he would move to another club.

We have the happiest 6 year old on the planet here. He's tucked himself up under his Roosters doona and gone to sleep staring at the poster on his wall of his hero with the knowledge he can watch him play for his beloved team until he's nearly 10. One very happy young fella and the old fella aint too unhappy either. ;-)

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Yes I am extremely happy about Moz staying.

As for Freddy well you all know what I think of him seeing as though my last forums article was about him.

The Backpacker

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:

As for Freddy well you all know what I think of him seeing as though my last forums article was about him.

RG, I hope we do re-sign Fittler and, if we don't, he retires rather than going to another NRL club or to England but, do you not think that this may be as good a time as ever to learn to live without Freddy? The teams alot stronger across the paddock than it has been for a long time. These boys will cope ok.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
The Backpacker said:
RoostarGirl said:

RG, I hope we do re-sign Fittler and, if we don't, he retires rather than going to another NRL club or to England but, do you not think that this may be as good a time as ever to learn to live without Freddy? The teams alot stronger across the paddock than it has been for a long time. These boys will cope ok.

Got to agree with you BP now is as good a time as any.

We have a great side which is made evident by our strong showing in Origin. We have a Team for the future no doubt about it.

We have to prepare with life after Freddy lets face it, its going to happen whether at the end of this year, next year or the following.......its inevitable.

I would be sorry to see him go...hey buts thats Footy.

I believe its time for Wingy to move to 5/8th.

If Freddy comes back to Penrith though that will do me. I will just flip out, I would hate that to happen. He would be silly to do that he would have no life here in Penrith.

The rumours have been going on for years that Freddy will play his last game for the Panthers, gee I hope thats wrong HUGE, backward step in my opinion.

I would rather he retired but I still think he is a bit too young for that also.

The Backpacker

Juniors
I wouldn't like to see him play his last game with anybody but the Roosters but thats nigh on half a century of bias behind that. The way I see it, better to lose Fittler in a planned move than have to come to turns with coping without him because the 32 year old groin gives out mid season or worse. (I'm not trying to put the mock on him) I just think, in light of his age and the ravages his body has faced over the years of brilliant service he has given us, we are doing the right thing by ensuring the services of a few younger players. Lets just hope Freddy's willing to take a pay cut to keep playing with the greatest club on earth. :D

Latest posts