What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most improved player in 2007?

Scott

Bench
Nominations for the Most Improved player in the comp so far??

I reckon Sam Perret has turned himself into a really good player. He was at best a fringe first grader last year, now he is performing well every week. Certainly not is fault the Roosters are towards the bottom.

Ash Graham is another one. Before injury, he was outstanding for the Cowboys. Looks to have improved defence and speed off the mark. At Parramatta he was a cart horse, both before and after his broken leg.

Others include Greg Bird, Luke Burt and Sam Rapira.

Bicey_18

Bench
Kurt Gidley...

He was pretty average for a while under Hagan but since Smith has come into the picture, Kids has been setting the world on fire.

Glenn Stewart has been another one

DeeGan

Bench
Greg Bird is a leading contender here.

There are a few Tigers players who have really stepped up this season, Braith Anasta is playing much better than over the past couple of seasons, Joe Williams from Souths, Luke Burt I think has improved overall, Brett White, Glen Stewart ... there is a long list.

From my club, I think Anthony Laffranchi has taken his game to a new level relishing in the role as a leader on the field.

macavity

Referee
there are plenty - Burt, Rapira, Bird, Laffranchi, Stewart (x2), White, Anasta, Perret, Gibbs, Gidley, Carney... and probably 20 others...

another I will throw in (from my team) is Kirk Reynoldson - from struggling to make the bench (and deserving to be on the bench in PL) to being one of the first picked in the team (and being talked about as an Origin smokey), he has improved a zillion-fold.

I rated Greg Bird Last Year, and Gidley i dont rate yet, he has only really impacted in the last 3 games.

Ive Been Real Impressed With Laffranchi, he would be my vote

Serc

First Grade
Kurt Gidley, been incredible at fullback virtually every game this year. Hasn't produced a bad one yet.

Special K

Coach
Bird won player of the year for the sharks last year but yes he has taken his game to a new level.