What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Big Name Recruits

Lex

Juniors
I am struggling to see the value in Gareth Widdop. At best he is a serviceable 1st grader. He is one of those players who looks good in a very decent team; but struggles to inspire a team like our current mob.

This got me thinking about other big name recruits who failed to live up to the hype and the following players come to mind (I might be showing my age here).

1. Wally Fullerton-Smith

Came to us aged 25 as a QLD SOO and Australian back-rower. Seriously ordinary!

2. Rod Maybon

Recruited by Roy Masters who had a pretty good eye for the game and he just never lived up to the hype or expectations.

3. Gareth Widdop

I am sorry but the bloke is a plodder.

Any others forum bloggers?

Nathan Long

Rob Dragon

Juniors
Hmmm. I got yelled down for also having the temerity of questioning Mr Widdop's value' and that was back in April. Has he improved since then? Is anyone seeing something in him that I cannot?

The Cobra

Juniors
Hmmm. I got yelled down for also having the temerity of questioning Mr Widdop's value' and that was back in April. Has he improved since then? Is anyone seeing something in him that I cannot?
The guy has been the England 5/8 for the past few years,you cannot get that bad that quick UNLESS you have all the talent coached out of you by the one & only Mary f**kN McGregor!!!!

Highland Saint

Juniors
The guy has been the England 5/8 for the past few years,you cannot get that bad that quick UNLESS you have all the talent coached out of you by the one & only Mary f**kN McGregor!!!!

This. His first games for us looked so promising. He played what was in front of him and looked to be our best signing in years. Put him back under a good coach and he'll improve again

SaintPauli

Juniors
Widdop to fullback
Dugan when back, to center
Milne to center while Duges is injured
MANN to wing
Lafai & fai fai out
Benji Mcrone halves

Latest posts