What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Overrated Player

chrisD

Coach
Daley and Bestpearcehalfback are the only two I ever hear really rate Pearce, and bestpearce might be a troll.

natheel

Coach
Hayne

Mentioning Josh Reynolds because he had a good year and is the next big thing is plain geniused. Why not mention Adam Reynolds.

Also Josh Reynolds is entering his 3rd year in the NRL he played about 6 games for us in 2011 and he killed them too.

Do you watch parra games? If so then you would note that every try we score hayne has a hand in (unless he is injured)

Also josh Reynolds isn't great he is a running five eight and has some size about him. He is a grub of a player too. First full year of first grade is what I meant. IMO he is over rated for what he did this year. Also being suggested as a shoe in for all stars over benji? Please. (Was in the paper a few days ago)

Adam Reynolds played better than josh this year. See how he goes next year. He was praised a lot this year but rightly so he won souths games from his cool headed decisions and has shown a lot of maturity. Will see how he goes next year to reserve my comment. Josh however didn't really impress me to say 'well he deserves all the comments people are saying about him'

natheel

Coach
Also doggies bro my comparison of eels 09 and dogs 12 is simply on the make up of their sides. Yes dogs were enter sinply because they performed all year. But the make up of both sides were similar. A talented backline with no real noted world beaters. Morris only really became a noted rep player this year. A forward pack who were able to throw the ball around and a bench that could do their job well. While their halves were what let them down in the big game. Both hayne and barba both fell short in their respective grand finals in terms of the heights they reached during the season.

They do have a similar make up in terms of their team. Difference is mainly the fact that eels run came late while dogs were minor premiers. Both beaten by a clinical storm side who had the halves (although 09 storm were cheating).

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Lol sharks players to cop it now from the bro!

On topic, as a chook fan we have our fair share of over rated players. FPN being the main stand out for me. Has 1-2 good games in him a year, usually against the titans but some retains a starting spot week in week out. How smith played him at lock I'll never know. Based on this season alone, Mitch Aubusson did absolutely nothing despite being one of our better performed players the seasons before.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Do you watch parra games? If so then you would note that every try we score hayne has a hand in (unless he is injured)

Also josh Reynolds isn't great he is a running five eight and has some size about him. He is a grub of a player too. First full year of first grade is what I meant. IMO he is over rated for what he did this year. Also being suggested as a shoe in for all stars over benji? Please. (Was in the paper a few days ago)

Adam Reynolds played better than josh this year. See how he goes next year. He was praised a lot this year but rightly so he won souths games from his cool headed decisions and has shown a lot of maturity. Will see how he goes next year to reserve my comment. Josh however didn't really impress me to say 'well he deserves all the comments people are saying about him'

oh dear, you really have no clue. someone isn't great because he is a running 5/8? because he has a bit of size and is a grub? geez gallen must be massively overrated, he runs, he has some size and is a grub.

your comments are screaming of jealousy. i think old mate nailed it. your a bad straw clutcher. with no clue.

webbland

Juniors
last year= stand up tony william$,only because he playe dfor manly,toovey coached him etc.just saving a boring rant from boggiesdoe

Sphagnum

Coach
People who say any of the below are typically riddled with tall poppy syndrome:

Barba
Marshall
Hayne
Slater
Farah
Petero
Scott
Tamou
Thurston
Inglis
etc

All gun players who should never be called over rated. Particularly by the mouth breathing geniuss who loiter around here.

Yes, I know. That etc is a good player, isn't he?

The Eagle

Juniors

Barba
Marshall
Hayne
Slater
Farah
Petero
Scott
Tamou
Thurston
Inglis
etc

All gun players who should never be called over rated. Particularly by the mouth breathing geniuss who loiter around here.

Barba looked like a scrub in the grand final,cant even catch a bomb isnt a fullbacks asshole

Isnt worth tying up Slater nor Stewarts shoelaces

Someone

Bench

Barba
Marshall
Hayne
Slater
Farah
Petero
Scott
Tamou
Thurston
Inglis
etc

This is a thread about over rated players. Noone is off limits..

Sphagnum

Coach
Barba looked like a scrub in the grand final,cant even catch a bomb isnt a fullbacks asshole

Isnt worth tying up Slater nor Stewarts shoelaces

ITT: 1 indifferent game defines the whole season

Get back in the grand stand where you belong, knob.

Someone

Bench
for instance, i agree Barba and Marshall are 'gun players', however i also believe some people rate them higher than what they actually are, e.g best player in the comp which is a step up from 'gun player'.

everyone is allowed opinions.

Sphagnum

Coach
for instance, i agree Barba and Marshall are 'gun players', however i also believe some people rate them higher than what they actually are, e.g best player in the comp which is a step up from 'gun player'.

everyone is allowed opinions.

I agree with that. It's just that the term over-rated applies to that which is rated far more highly than it will ever achieve.

Mitchell Pearce is a good example of over rated. He's been touted as being a great halfback but has never EVER shown any capability to warrant such an accolade.

All of the players on my list, at one point or another, have made every individual here sit back and say 'wow, that was brilliant' hence, they can't be overrated because their rating is aligned with that capability.

Adam Blair is another who is overrated. That guy has never done anything. Not. A. F@cken. Thing. Yet the Tigers were carrying on about how great a buy he was and then whinged all year when he played like the busted that he is.

natheel

Coach
oh dear, you really have no clue. someone isn't great because he is a running 5/8? because he has a bit of size and is a grub? geez gallen must be massively overrated, he runs, he has some size and is a grub.

your comments are screaming of jealousy. i think old mate nailed it. your a bad straw clutcher. with no clue.

I said they're his main attributes that make him the player he is which is true. But he is over rated in the fact that he is so highly rated by dogs fans and the media that there is talk he is a shoe in for ll stars before benji almost which is a massive laugh. Not clutching straws. Why would I be jealous? Yeh my club got the spoon but I'm a proud eels supporter no jealousy here.

Latest posts