What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Valuable Players

dragoninmexico

Juniors
I was thinking yesterday about how incredibly lucky we've been so far with injuries and with The Dragons flying who i would least like to see get injured.
So in order of importance to the team not necessarily best player who are the top 5 players that if injured would seriously effect us.
Mine would be
1 Hunt
2 Widdop
3 McDonald
4 McInnes
5 Frizzel

This list is based on who has made the most contributions so far and who would come in if they are injured.
Alot of people may dismiss this opinion based on rating Nene so highly but i think his contributions each week have been incredible and we would struggle to replace them if he was injured. Think Semi and Parra since he has been gone .
Also i'm not comparing the two just their importance to the team.
Also as far as forwards go i could have put any of them in to be honest and i think Sims has had an amazing impact this year through his defence alone.

Belta

Juniors
dragonssammy said; "agree but Simms needs to be added to that list."

Agree, as does De Belin. (hopefully Jack is not carrying an injury this week, I'm sure he'll be primed for another ruthless performance against the Rabbits, (especially against Crighton and Sam) to show case his current sanding.

giboz71

First Grade
Give all the doom and gloom regarding LAM’s pending departure, you would have thought he would be at the top of the list?

Old Timer

Coach
Graham would be my number 1 as without his leadership and guidance we are a rabble as was proved last year and the year before.
I just think he gets a little bit too much ball at critical moments and I suppose that is because he knows where to be and some of the others haven't quite worked that out yet.
I have to admit that I think we actually get much more from his "presence" on the paddock than his playing ability and I am truly amazed what a difference that has made.
Hunt is my number 2 as he has just made life so much easier for the people around him and he seems to create space for people by doing simple things extremely well.
Sims is my number 3 as he has just exploded (thanks JG) and he is targeting his aggression very wisely and other teams don't like it.
LAM is my number 4 as he makes sure we lose nothing during his rotation with the starting props and his post contact metres are outstanding.
If we lost 2 of the above for an extended period you wouldn't have to worry about number 5 as we would probably be shot ducks.

watatank

Coach
I think Vaughan should get a mention, just because what he's done (and still doing) is just what we come to expect.

Anyway, as far as the thread goes Hunt and McIness are obviously top of the list, closely followed by Widdop and probably Vaughan.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Graham would be my number 1 as without his leadership and guidance we are a rabble as was proved last year and the year before.
I just think he gets a little bit too much ball at critical moments and I suppose that is because he knows where to be and some of the others haven't quite worked that out yet.
I have to admit that I think we actually get much more from his "presence" on the paddock than his playing ability and I am truly amazed what a difference that has made.
Hunt is my number 2 as he has just made life so much easier for the people around him and he seems to create space for people by doing simple things extremely well.
Sims is my number 3 as he has just exploded (thanks JG) and he is targeting his aggression very wisely and other teams don't like it.
LAM is my number 4 as he makes sure we lose nothing during his rotation with the starting props and his post contact metres are outstanding.
If we lost 2 of the above for an extended period you wouldn't have to worry about number 5 as we would probably be shot ducks.
you love the negatives wow. please be positive just once m8.

Frank Facer

First Grade
1. Hunt. I always have believed that a good halfback is the most important ingredient to a good team.

2 DeBelin, his defence is very important to us.

We are going well because our forward pack is playing well, which is laying the platform for our halves to create. It is a team effort.

Crush

Coach
Nice post, I agree with a lot of that.
I personally would have Widdop as the most crucial player for us and the most irreplaceable. He is our kicker and our captain as well as our most potent attacking weapon.
Remove Widdop or Hunt from our team and it would have a huge impact (touch wood!)
And before Como Connection jumps in and says Mann could fill those positions NO HE COULDN'T. Not even close, as good as Mann is, he isn't near their level.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Nice post, I agree with a lot of that.
I personally would have Widdop as the most crucial player for us and the most irreplaceable. He is our kicker and our captain as well as our most potent attacking weapon.
Remove Widdop or Hunt from our team and it would have a huge impact (touch wood!)
And before Como Connection jumps in and says Mann could fill those positions NO HE COULDN'T. Not even close, as good as Mann is, he isn't near their level.
Mann may get the opportunity to play 5/8 after the England NZ test match, as I read that Mary plans to rest Widdop and Graham after that match? Hopefully we are at full strength, besides the two Englishman. I will be interested to see how Mann performs in that game.