What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mourinho quits?

Eddie.

Bench
fish eel said:
LOL @ Chelsea fans who sook about Roman now Jose has gone.

Chelsea is no longer a fans club. Hasnt been for some time. It is a playing thing for a Ruskie billionaire. It's his money, and he can do with it what he likes, because, well, it's his. If the fans don't like it....that's just tough. How woould you be without his money? How long would the club survive?

If that sounds a little blunt, well, these, I'm afraid, are the issues when clubs allow themselves to be owned privately for the thrills and spills of someone with too much money. You sell your soul you eventually deal with the devil.

Hup, Bayern.

Majority Chelsea fans are greatful for Roman.

They realise with no Roman, most likely there would never have been Jose.

However that doesn't mean the fans don't have a right to criticise his decision in this case.

Foz

Bench
What happens with Mourinho's contract?
Do they pay him out?
Rumour had it he was on 6 or 7 million pounds a year and he recently signed a 5 year contract.
I suppose 30-35 million pounds is nothing to Roman given his divorce settlement.
Only 1 way for Chelsea to go after Jose and it isnt up.
Shows the 1 trophy they really want is the Champions League.

ocko

juniors
griffo346 said:
we all should mass email FFA to get Jose to coach Australia our life style would be great for him

we could never afford him...he was on about $A 12 mil a year at chelsea

skeepe

Immortal
Eddie. said:
I still support the team, but I don't in any way support him as manager.

He won't last 2 months. The atmosphere will be one of poison, in the stands at Stamford Bridge. All fans hate him, and judging by the reports in the media, players are similarly dismissive of this slimy turd.

Steve Clarke, a Good Chelsea man is still there, and as such i hope they win for him. Grant won't last regardless.

Still, at least 'Arry Redknapp likes him, eh?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Wheelsy said:
:lol: @ Chel$ki

And lol at Macca's post as well, that's brilliant.

You didn't think it was brilliant when I made the same joke about Citeh a while ago.

(Not claiming it as my joke, I stole it aswell :lol:).

Tom Shines

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
You didn't think it was brilliant when I made the same joke about Citeh a while ago.

(Not claiming it as my joke, I stole it aswell :lol:).
To be honest, I didn't see the joke about City. Apologies.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Chelsea issue a further statement regarding the departure of manager Jose Mourinho.
Chelsea confirmed the relationship between Jose Mourinho and the club had "broken down" after the manager left the club by mutual consent.Director of football Avram Grant and assistant manager Steve Clarke have been put in charge of first-team affairs, with their first job to prepare the team to face Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.
A club statement issued on the club's official website on Thursday read: "Early this morning we announced that Chelsea and Jose Mourinho had agreed to part company by mutual consent.
"The key phrase here is that there was mutual agreement. Jose did not resign and he was not sacked.
"What is clear, though, is we had all reached a point where the relationship between the club and Jose had broken down.
"This was despite genuine attempts over several months by all parties to resolve certain differences.
"The reason the decision has been taken is that we believed the breakdown started to impact on the performance of the team and recent results supported this view.
"We did not want this to continue or affect the club further."
Mourinho was the most successful manager in Chelsea's history, and the club admitted their gratitude to him.
"We also must pay tribute to the great job Jose did for Chelsea. He has been the most successful manager the club has known and he rightly deserves that place in our history," the statement, described as an 'open letter to fans', read.
"Jose has been instrumental in putting Chelsea where it is today, among the leading clubs in European and world football.
"He will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge, whether as the guest of Chelsea or as the manager of another club, and he will be given the reception and respect his position in our history deserves."
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1117290,00.html

ParraDude_Jay said:
Bayern still not interesting enough for ya mate? I think deep down you love United :cool:.

they're very interesting i just like laughing at the club that calls itself the greatest but doesn't have anything to back that claim up.

skeepe

Immortal
I can't find a similar article online (although I'm sure there's one out there as I doubt Peter Kenyon would have spoken directly with the Canberra Times), but the reason given for Mourinho's departure was that the club had outgrown him. Apparently, Mourinho doesn't fit in with the culture that Abramovich wants - Mourinho's culture was that he believes in a work ethic and selfless approach, whilst Abramovich wants to pack the team with superstars, regardless of their worth to the team, so he can make Chelsea the most recognisable brand in the world.

Unbelievable. I didn't like Mourinho at all, but to be sacked for trying to instill a winning culture and then using the players that best suited that culture? I simply can't believe it.

Eddie.

Bench
skeepe said:
I can't find a similar article online (although I'm sure there's one out there as I doubt Peter Kenyon would have spoken directly with the Canberra Times), but the reason given for Mourinho's departure was that the club had outgrown him. Apparently, Mourinho doesn't fit in with the culture that Abramovich wants - Mourinho's culture was that he believes in a work ethic and selfless approach, whilst Abramovich wants to pack the team with superstars, regardless of their worth to the team, so he can make Chelsea the most recognisable brand in the world.

Unbelievable. I didn't like Mourinho at all, but to be sacked for trying to instill a winning culture and then using the players that best suited that culture? I simply can't believe it.

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Sunday September 23, 2007
The Observer

[/FONT]

Tuesday, 10pm, home dressing room, Stamford Bridge. Andriy Shevchenko is taking Michael Essien to task on his performance in the night's embarrassing 1-1 draw with Rosenborg. The former European footballer of the year tells Africa's finest midfielder that he tried to make too many passes through the centre of the Norwegians' formation where '70 percent of their players were'. Essien learns he should have been passing to the wings 'where they only had 30 percent of their men'

Not the most insightful of tactical advice, but then these are not the thoughts of a Ukraine international, they are those of a Russian billionaire. Standing beside Shevchenko, tactics board in hand, Roman Abramovich is the man telling Essien how to play football. Shevchenko is merely there to translate. In another room, attending to the press, Mourinho is utterly unaware of his employer's actions.

Champions League-winning coach was replaced on Thursday by Avram Grant, a former Israel national team coach with no experience of club management outside his own country. According to many Chelsea sources, Grant will defer on football matters to owner Roman Abramovich, who has already started to take a hands-on role with the first team.

Former academy coach Brendan Rogers has been drafted in to help out with the first team, a promotion that may not be unconnected to the one-on-one training sessions he gave Abramovich's son. Only in Steve Clarke is there the level of football knowledge to deal with a squad full of international superstars. As the sole survivor of Mourinho's cadre of four assistant managers, the Scotsman has an unenviable task. But then neither he nor Grant will be picking the team. As Michael Essien discovered on Tuesday night, the new manager of Chelsea is also the owner.

abramov.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
Apparently Avram Grant has no UEFA recognised coaching qualifications whatsoever. How embarrassing.

Latest posts