What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine -v- Echols

Ranson

Juniors
Hi all, I'm back after a bit of an absence. The reason for my absence was the lack of quality opponents Mundine has faced after his 11th round stoppage of Ricky Thornberry.

It seems that WBA no.2 ranked Mundine will challenge WBA no.1 ranked Antwun Echols in a world title fight. I think negotiations are still going on (prolly about the money and venue) and that the winner would be crowned the WBA 2nd tiered champion behind the superchamp Sven Ottke.

I have a few questions:

1. Who is this American 'Echols'?
2. Is he actually any good? Will he give Mundine a solid workout?
3. Will it be a fight worth watching at the pub?

What are your thoughts? (want another bet on this one Moffo?) hehe.

El Duque

Bench
Echols has been around a while.

He is a good fighter

He will give Mundine wore than a workout, he will knock him into next week.

It will be worth watching at the Pub so you can see Mundine annihalated.

El Duque

Bench
He aint a nobody.

His chin is a bit dodgy but it is better than Mundine's.

Echols will be the hardest hitter Mundine has ever faced. I think Hopkins said Echols was the biggest puncher he ever fought.

Infuzer

Juniors
Sorry. I thought you directed the opening sentence in reply # 5 at me. NHF.
embeer.gif

El Duque

Bench
That's cool. I can see how you could interpret that now.

Echols will probably start favourite. Maybe you will get good odds on him in Aus though.

Ranson

Juniors
Thanks for the comments and links El Duque and Infuzer. As you all know, I'm a Mundine supporter and I hope he can win the vacant WBA title.

I'm just a little worried about this American Echols fella. I don't know much about him other that he's a big puncher and has a good record.

However, I'm going to stick to my guns and say he can't beat Mundine unless he has the skill plus the speed to match. If Mundine is switched on for the fight I don't think Echols can catch him.

That fight he had with Ricky Thornberry really impressed me. He made Ricky look really slow and second rate. There were times when Ricky tried to pour on the pressure by pushinghim against the ropes. Mundine easily countered by short left and right crosses to the head.

I personally can't wait for the Mundine -v- Echols showdown. If Echols is to show his power punching, he will have to make them count. Waste punches on Mundine and he'll wear you down with his own punches. Remember Mundine hits pretty hard too. That being said, it should shut up all the critics if Mundine canemerge victorious.

"Plus, I want to fight Mundine anyway because he was talking all that trash about the terrorist attacks that happen here on 9/11. Don't you remember him saying that 'the Americans got what they deserved?' Well, I am going to give him what he deserves and lets see what he says about that. This guy is getting knocked out."

He talks a good talk. Let's see if he can walk the walk.

Gday Ranson, sorry i didn't see this earlier. Im up for another bet!

I havent seen much of Echols to be honest, but ive done a bit of reading on the guy and he seems to be quite solid. Mundine might be up against it, but ive seen enough of Mundine as a boxer now to know not to write him off that easily

Ill take Echols in a late round, say round 8. But Mundine could still win

Cheers,
Moffo

Ranson

Juniors
Hello Moffo,

It's good to hear from you after all this time. I didn't know anything about Echols until this morning when the Sun-Herald said something about him getting shot by a bullet whilst 'in the hood' and that it bounced off him. The title of the article was 'The Man against this SUPERMAN' with a picture of Echols flexing his muscles.

I'm up for a bet too Moffo. Same conditions as last time. I'm with you in the rounds though. I reckon Mundine by stoppage at round 10.

Im going off what i have read El, i do admit, it may not be the most informed of bets, but i dont readily have access to previous fights of Echols!

Cheers,
Moffo

El Duque

Bench
<table class=ThmBgStandard cellspacing=0 cellpadding=10 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> Yes, and I think Mundine will be lucky to get to the third.

I'd be surprised if Echols doesn't start favourite.

Mundine looked crap against Thornberry and Sullivan and had it been Echols in there Mundine would've been killed byhim.
</td></tr></tbody></table>