What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 1-17 To Start The Season

Como Connection

First Grade
Yes people tend to forget it was Cody's 1st season in 1st grade and is tough for any young kid to last the distance. Yes he had some dropsies as a winger and fullback but he was not alone there.
Yes his balance and running style needs a bit of tweek but he has got the speed and no doubt that will be worked on.
He got knocked around a bit and was battling a bit of injury for a fair chunk of the year
I still remember a game against Cronulla where he filled in for Dufty and was having a good game in attack until he got injured near half time in a tackle from behind.
he will be better for the 2021 run.
The kid can play and as a winger most times he was in the position in attack and times defence where he needed to be.
I would not be cashing him in at all yet.
Sloan is my preferred FB, but Cody will be hot on his heels and has showed more than both Feagai's for me at this stage and deserves first crack at wing
100% correct, Sloan at 1 and Cody on the left wing.
CC

Spazer

Juniors
I like what feagai has shown, he is hard to put down in his runs and is light on his feet. I wouldn't complain having cody on the wing though, I feel like he deserves another shot after the run of injuries he had last season but for mine feagai is ahead.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

it feels pretty good to see the additions of G.Burgess, Molo, Woods settling in very very well

combined with JDB, Blake and Moosehead we have a pack that should be able to come out evens minimum in the wrestle of slowing down the first few hitups.

Georgie boy if fit will be such an addition

My 2 cents worth for Round 1.
1. Sloan.
2. Feagai.
3. Lomax.
4. Suli.
5. Rav.
6. Amone.
7. Hunt.
13. JDB.
12. Sua.
11. Sims.
10. Woods.
9. McCoullough.
8. Molo.
Res:
14. Mybe.
15. Bird.
16. Burgess.
17. Kerr.
18. Fuimaono (HIA etc).

Sullivan however needs to also be playing plenty of regular first grade footy.
No room for Blake Blocker and I’m hoping with all the extra middle forwards he rises to the challenge.
Some would argue can we have both Mybe and Bird on the bench, I say yes as JDB or even simms can play prop if required if only small minutes out of Burgess.
To me there are points in this team and defence in the middle with the 13 & 9 should be good. Both halves can also hold there own in defence.
Went Feagai ahead of Ramsay only on runs / metres coming out of our own end as I think Feagai does that well.
Fui as 18th man ticks boxes as he can play numerous positions if required.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting position we find ourselves in. I don't think our backlije is anywhere near set yet with FB, 1 wing spot, and some uncertainty over 1 centre spot.

I think Rava and Lomax are our only guarantees atm.

1. Sloan/Ramsey - personally i'd give it to Sloan.
2. Ramsey/Mat F/Max F/ Moga - a fit Moga would be my choice but ?? over him. Ramsey has speed but defense is ??? Max and Matt are slower but slightly better defenders. Personally Moga is my choice
3. Lomax
4. Suli/Moga/Mat F/Max F/Bird/Amone - give it to Suli at this stage
5. Rava
6. Amone
7. Hunt (c)

Thst is my backline. Forwards will follow

I can't see aged bargains getting picked ahead of young prodigies. Woods is the former, Lawrie the latter. Moga the former, Fegais, Ramsey the latter.

possm

Coach
That is a formidable team. Can’t understand why the bookies have them favourites for the wooden spoon. With that talent pool and if Hook can get them to play well as team anything can happen.
1 Sloan
2 Ramsey
3 Suli
4 Lomax
5 Ravalawa
6 Amone
7 Hunt
8 Woods
9 McCullough
10 Molo
11 Sims
12 Su'A
13 JDB
14 Sullivan
15 Bird
16 Burgess
17 Lawrie

roach_83

Juniors
1 Sloan
2 Feagai (Matt)
3 Suli
4 Lomax
5 Ravalawa
6 Amone
7 Hunt
8 Burgess (if fit)
9 McCullough
10 Molo
11 Su'A
12 Sims
13 JDB
14 Sullivan
15 Bird
16 Woods
17 Lawrie

kit66

Bench
Everyone has Amone automatically grabbing the 6 jersey but young Bud could be a surprise choice if he can stay fit.
He's more creative than Amone and is a speedy little fella, faster than Amone. He would have got more games last year but kept getting niggling injuries that cruelled his chances. Bud and Hunt could form a really lethal combo imo even more-so than the lethal combo bud and Junior had in the lower grades.

randomdragon

Juniors
Everyone has Amone automatically grabbing the 6 jersey but young Bud could be a surprise choice if he can stay fit.
He's more creative than Amone and is a speedy little fella, faster than Amone. He would have got more games last year but kept getting niggling injuries that cruelled his chances. Bud and Hunt could form a really lethal combo imo even more-so than the lethal combo bud and Junior had in the lower grades.
Sullivan has had a minor calf strain which set him back 2 weeks on Amone.

thebigredv

First Grade
The simple solution but won't happen is,
1. Sloan
9. Hunt
7. Sullivan
6. Amone
Thats a more dynamic spine combo, we need to think outside the box & not go with safety first.
14. Mybe / McCulloch

I agree. Moving Hunt is a tricky one as he is a brilliant 7 but let's get the most exciting team on the park. The older blokes will get their shot as that is just the nature of the game but we are fooling ourselves to think the likes of macca, Mbye and woods are taking us to premiership glory.

More youth and go for broke.

As for the contentious wing spot it's a no brainer for mine. Feagai keeps his position until Ramsay takes his opportunity by the neck. Another talent but thus far ineffective.

It's a bit of a tricky 17 to pick with all the comings and goings. I just hope Griffin keeps being super proactive about having us compete for now and the next few years to come.

slippery5

Juniors
I agree. Moving Hunt is a tricky one as he is a brilliant 7 but let's get the most exciting team on the park. The older blokes will get their shot as that is just the nature of the game but we are fooling ourselves to think the likes of macca, Mbye and woods are taking us to premiership glory.

More youth and go for broke.

As for the contentious wing spot it's a no brainer for mine. Feagai keeps his position until Ramsay takes his opportunity by the neck. Another talent but thus far ineffective.

It's a bit of a tricky 17 to pick with all the comings and goings. I just hope Griffin keeps being super proactive about having us compete for now and the next few years to come.
I agree re. Hunt, especially since he had his best year at 7 for us last year, but he also had he's best performance for QLD at 9. I just hope we don't see another Norman selection regarding McCulloch.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes, a fully fit Bud every week will do a lot more damage than Amone. He is tough, defends well and is a goer with speed and a good anticipator. He can kick goals as well.

If he excels in the trials, I think Bud will start at 6.

SBD82

Coach
I agree. Moving Hunt is a tricky one as he is a brilliant 7 but let's get the most exciting team on the park.

I think it comes down to whether Hook decides to play a more attacking game or focus on defense.

6. Amone
7. Bud
9. Hunt
14. Mbye

Has more attacking potential, whereas

6. Amone
7. Hunt
9. McCullough
14. Mbye/ Bud

is a much better defensive unit.

Latest posts