What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My apologies for my negative post last week......

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Last week i posted that i thought it was inconceivable that the Tigers could beat the Panthers. I was most certainly proved wrong....

The performance against the Panthers has changed the way i look at the Tigers chances this year and surely they must be treated with a bit more respect than most people including myself were giving them credit for in the lead up to last weeks game.

Against a Panther outfit with one player out, with our team missing 7 players (2nd largest injury toll in the NRL), we were on par with them at their home ground in front of a sell out crowd.

There is alot to like about this Tigers outfit, unlike years gone by they have beaten all but one of the lesser teams that most of their supporters expect them to beat, with wins over Cronulla, NQ and Manly. The only down side was a close loss to Souths, but you could argue that Souths weren't travelling too poorly at that stage and had a bit of luck as well.

They have had a huge amount of bad luck with refereeing decisions, desicions that have potentially cost us wins against Brisbane, Souths and the Panthers.

They are showing that they are just as tough away from home as they are at home, with this performance against the Panthers as well as winning in NQ for the first time ever.

They have done all this with one of the worst injury lists in the competition.....

So i am gonna fly down to Sydney this weekend and watch the boys give the Roosters (Who i believe are the form team of the premiership) a run for their money. Whilst i think they will struggle to beat the Roosters, i think they will give it a good shake and even if they manage to just fall short again, then i am still going to be as ecstatic as i was after Friday nights game because they look like a team that is going to win alot more games this year.

If they keep improving the way they are and with injured players coming back, people won't be just saying that the Tigers might make the 8, people will start expecting them to do so......

innsaneink

Referee
I dont think an apology was necesarry.

And I'm sure you werent alone in thinking the Tigers had buckleys against Penrith.

The loss to the Broncos, rabbitohs an panthers were all fighting losses and while we still are poor in some areas thatll improve with some luck/injuries and the ability to keep the same players on.

The Saints game....at the time brought back bad bad memories for me....memories of them when it seemed like they used to chuck in the towel, (Saints have since shown somewhat that it was more them bein red hot than us being shit poor)....but nonetheless I ripped into em on the forums after that one.

Imagine following a team thats expected to win every game.......their losses for their fans would be intolerable....where our victories, as a team not expected to win our share.....are that much sweeter when we do get up.

Latest posts