What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Dream ...

OVP

Coach
The beauty of this website, is that it brings supporters of ALL clubs to post in the same place. I know alot of you support some strange teams :) but can you just imagine if there was an Easts vs Souths Grand Final, especially in both clubs' 101st year :)

Merchandise sales would be just astronomical, for BOTH clubs AND the NRL. People would be lining up for days and days and days just to get tickets for the greatest Grudge match of all time. Im not sure everyone fully understands how big this game would be ( the last time it was played was in the 1930's).

Maybe one day we will finally see this match-up. This is my dream :)

So whats yours ?

Desert Qlder

First Grade
While I agree with what you say essentially, I add the point that any rivalry is good in the GF.

I would get just as much a kick out of Souths v Easts as I would Brisbane v Gold Coast.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Ummm well my dream is for Souths to actually make a Grand Final in my lifetime!!! I wouldn't care which opponent but I agree it would be added significance against the Roosters with more than just Pride at stake in that contest. Bragging rights as well as the premiership will be up for stake. Personally I think 2009 will be the year this could occur.

Rainbow

Juniors
Yes. Melbourne will need to be decimated like the Dogs and Tigers have been for that to happen.

innsaneink

Referee
I'd be happy just to see my team make the finals on a regular basis over the next 20 years.

Rather that than one comp every 10 years amongst 9 years of average.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Parramatta against Manly

But I would love to see a few other matchups other than my team:

Tigers v Canterbury (Tigers Victory)
Cronulla v St George (Cronulla to win by 20+)

nqboy

First Grade
My dream would be a Cowboys XVII comprised of local juniors, constantly renewing itself with more local juniors, competitive year in, year out, and winning our share of titles.

Knights vs. Parramatta again.

Smith vs. Hagan with different teams, no Joey Johns and for the
Knights to win BOTH halves.

So the troglodytes have nothing more to whinge about.

P.S 2001 = Great Year.

brooksy19

Bench
nqboy said:
My dream would be a Cowboys XVII comprised of local juniors, constantly renewing itself with more local juniors, competitive year in, year out, and winning our share of titles.

We'll take Thurston now to get you started on that.

Hanscholo

Bench
innsaneink said:
I'd be happy just to see my team make the finals on a regular basis over the next 20 years.

Rather that than one comp every 10 years amongst 9 years of average.

Unfortunetly, dynasty building is nearly impossible these days. If you can stretch a run to 4 years of consistent challenging for the premiership at a good level then you are lucky imo. With ESL and the NRL open market being so strong any kind of success inflates your sides value to the point where it begins melt away.

Tbh, that is my dream as well. I would like my club to be consistently challenging for the title not having a super team then falling away to last in the subsequent years.

Hanscholo

Bench
The Camden Leisure Pirate said:
Knights vs. Parramatta again.

Smith vs. Hagan with different teams, no Joey Johns and for the
Knights to win BOTH halves.

So the troglodytes have nothing more to whinge about.

P.S 2001 = Great Year.

You should add no Ben Kennedy. He destroyed Parramatta, and for that matter so did Steve Simpson. How one of those two forwards didnt win the Clive Churchill is beyond me. Andrew played well but was not the best player on the field, by some margin.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Hanscholo said:
You should add no Ben Kennedy. He destroyed Parramatta, and for that matter so did Steve Simpson. How one of those two forwards didnt win the Clive Churchill is beyond me. Andrew played well but was not the best player on the field, by some margin.

Bill Harrigan was definately best on field for the Knights.

Latest posts