What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my review of roosters vs bulldogs!

Dogz_of_War

Juniors
here we go again the fued of roosters and bulldogs fire up again!

match up review

defence
--------------------

had any one noticed this and no one seems to pick it up

-roosters rush in on the 5th in last tackle
they did this to the broncos and got carved up!

-roosters slide wide once they get an over lap

-they only react to short passes

-roosters slide right to left where ever a cut out pass goes

-roosters rely on the forwards in defence while the back try to shut down wide plays and try to sniff out a intercept ex. forwards rush up wide to put backs in postion meaning the forwards get out of postion at the same time and if opposition catches it they can run right threw the middle!

-i did a lil research and found out that roosters have a weakness in def!
and thats that thier wingers stay wide and the centers are more in to to the play as they run closer to the player with the ball they slide out(like i mentioned before) and if the fullback(patten) sees this he can create a 3 on 2 situation

- also rooster sink in pts sometimes after errors or penalties

- teams in the nrl dont understand to get threw the roosters great defensive walls u need to keep them moving and if offence keeps the game speed up the rooster will break thier line sooner or later(just like last years grand final)

now to the dogs def

-el masri continues to rush in! with suberb rooster backs this lil fella might have a hard time containing them

-bulldogs have agressive forwards the tend to fly straight and dont slide with the backs that makes the offence work hard to break the line

- the dogs are going to go blow for blow! sooner or later they will tire out! offence should use this to thier advantage!

-intercepts by sherwin or a flying back my be deadly to any team who thorw prayer balls to the backs!

offence
-----------------------------

-roosters play simple and rely on thier def to get them metres which is smart

-bulldogs had deadly backs such as lolesi, tonga, harris, el masri! these players need to be at the right place at the right time

-roosters are very very good at keeping the ball alive!

-bulldogs like the cut out passes and might catch a few defenders out!

-watch out for the tonga-lolesi comination very very deadly in the competition

thats it for me give me ur thoughts!

xwizit

Juniors
weve rushed in on the broncos numerous time and won...

maybe we had 8 players out...i dont know tho..nah doubt it..

Pigskin

Juniors
xwizit said:
weve rushed in on the broncos numerous time and won...

maybe we had 8 players out...i dont know tho..nah doubt it..

yeah, we had a full side and never would have beaten you otherwise :shock:

Oink !

Chook

First Grade
Fair analysis DoW.

Our defence is more susceptible the middle 40. Once we drop back past our 30 metre line we usually employ a more slide than up and in defence, but in that region between the 30's our guys are sometimes at sixes and sevens and we are vunerable.

Your weakness in defence is up the middle through your pack regardless of where on the field you are and that's where we'll attack you. Plenty of quicks out of dummy half, inside balls, runners in behind the ruck. We'll do our best to keep the ball in play and run your forwards into the ground relying on our fitness. Watch for us to put points on in the last 10 of each half.

Both our teams' goal line defense is fantastic, so I think both sides will be looking to strike from outside the red zones which should result in an exciting brand of football.

Bring it on!

Chook.

LRC

I think the biggest weapon against the roosters is if you can get good dummy half running (Priddis) on the back of good go forward to eliminate the roosters dominatn tackle (Panthers do this well ).. but the dogs lack a good dummy half runner (probably their biggest or only weakness of the last couple of years) and the dogs forwards arent as big as the panthers and the roosters have seemed to be able to get many numbers in the tackles against them and slow them down(exept Mason).....

The cry from the roosters when they play the dogs is to play fast ..... keep the dogs forwards on the back foot and expose slower moving guys like OMeley and Mason....

melon....

Coach
O'Meley is making yards up he middle. He can offload as well. In the forwards he's the best chace of promoting second phase play. Look for Price to take it up 1st and 3rd every set they get...its a pattern, with Mason and Ryan hanging off the second receiver in the 4th and 5th and trying to punch through or make the yards back infield.

If easts negate O'Meley's momentum, their fitness and superior mobility will win the day. The Dogs will go into the game with revenge firmly in their minds. This is a disadvantage in my view. They will have more chances if they focus on their own game, rather than worry about Easts and the past 2 hidings they copped from us.

Its one thing getting your game right...its another stopping the Roosters. As Chook pointed out, our weaknesses have been in the red zone mid ruck, but over the past 3 or 4 weeks, thats improved as has our "weak link" in the centres Cross and Hodges. Cross has improved his defence and is running well in attack, Hodges showed signs last week he's ready to start toying with opposition backlines.

Too much emphasis has been made on Byrnes lack of speed, and the opposition forget his toughness and defense. His error rate has also dropped considerably.

Walker could do anything on the night, he's a loose canon.

No Morley. Watch The Dogs try and contain Tupou. He is the hardest running Prop, with a genuine offload Ive seen in 2 years.

Easts too good over 80. We may even let you score, it may even see saw, but over all our legs will get us there and it may well blow out in the last 15 minutes. Easts by 20+ ...probable.

Latest posts