What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Merritt

he is outright second on the top try-scorers list, that is a good accomplishment from a losing team, he is under-rated, a good attacking weapon, and a good finisher, his defence can be a worry, but he is a brilliant player, probably the most under-rated player in the comp along with luke mcdougall, he will benefit along side nigel vagana in the backline

maybe a city country spot next year for the lad, unless he is a queenslander, until souths go into a winning culture i cant see merritt playing origin, although i think he is good enough

Zigwaa

Bench
He is a good finisher, but i think his frequent defensive lapses overshadow his attacking ability.

Mellor had a screamer on saturday, he was easily our best back in that game. I think he showed he's not over the hill yet,

kbw

Bench
I will give him some credit, when he was at the Rabbits the first time around he was by far the Worst player I have ever seen play first grade.
Now his attack can be fairly good, but still a very very poor defensive player

Sanchez

Coach
Hes been having a form year but like the saying class is permanent form is temporary he will go back to how he was

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Well now he is the top tryscorer. He is always there looking for oportunities. Nathan Merritt is getting better each week. I think he will only get better next year with the players we have around us.

2 True Blues

Coach
Credit to the coaching talent of Col MURPHY at the Newtown Jets last season.

Some people may not realise that Nathan was also the leading try scorer in Premier League last season by a country mile, and he has been in form for the last two seasons. When called on by the Sharks to play first grade he won the game against the Knights at Sharks Park late in the 2005 season.

Agree that his defence is his achilles heel, but a very underated player, and I am glad he is going so well in first grade, although was saying it all of last season, and am glad that he has proven me right, though others ( Cronulla management included ) could not see it !!!!

MELLOR also went well at the Jets last season.

GO get em boys, and well done to Souths in their win against an in form Canberra. Great to see the boys get up on the weekend with Nathan starring as usual !!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Hope Souths can end the season on a positive note like they did last season with some good hard fought wins. And that Nathan is still the highest try scorer come seasons end. GO NATHAN !!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Well that last quote is still riding on a high....GO SOUTHS, and hope that Nathan is still the highest NRL try scorer come seasons end. In a side that has been losing that is a totally awesome record to be holding. Keep us posted guys on his results. GO Nathan !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sugar

Bench
Tamazoid said:
There's no way Merritt will play Origin, ever.
maybe not but he will be a chance for the tri nations train on squad
and u never know may fluke a start:shock:

bunnyrabs

Juniors
We have a decent looking side for next season and Merritt will be top try scorer both this year and next :D

Carn you rabbits \\\\:D/

chewme said:
maybe not but he will be a chance for the tri nations train on squad
and u never know may fluke a start:shock:

this year i seriously doubt it, if he is consistently good next year, i am not ruling it out, he wont get a starting spot though, just the experience would be good for him

i do think he will play regional origin (City Country) next year, origin i dont think so, too many players playing for better clubs, that will get a look in before him

Tahu
King
Grothe
Hayne

Merritt would be 5th choice, but it also depends how luke mcdougall goes for the dragons, luke mac is a better player than merritt imo, he is alot more consistent

Dave Q

Coach
He was devastating against the Panthers. He gave Preston Campbell several nightmares in that game. I missed v Manly, but he got over.

I thought his defence v Panthers was 'satisfactory', so if thats 'bad' for the panel, I think we have a lot to look forward to.

It was good recruitment to jag him back, I hope he nails the regular season top-try scorers as his effort has been good. He's a sublime finisher-he's the real deal in that department.

He makes Hayne look like a tortoise.

If vags can deliver that 'air' time he needs, he'll top next season plus 50% extra. Its not as if he's been running into big gaps this year. He's done his work with the door somewhat less ajar than other wingers enjoy.

A credit to himself, the club and the game. Everyone I know is right behind him (literally!)

2 True Blues

Coach
GO Nathan !!!! 22 trys and still the top try scorer in the last placed side in the comp. What an effort !!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Hopefully nothing freaky like 5 trys to Gasnier will take this from him. Hes a much improved player from when he first started with souths years ago and now with this confidence thats growing through him he seems to always be looking for the ball which is something we really need.
Cmon Mezza one round to go and we can add your top try scoring trophy to Charity Shield trophy.

2 True Blues

Coach
His time at the Jets were special to my memories mate. Talented player and a good bloke. Hope he goes well. It would be definately a huge effort from a gifted player. Can't believe the Sharks just didn't see the obvious talent and potential. Gonna shutup now as don't want to pressure him at all. ;-)

Latest posts